Master Cylinder Upgrade

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by BoroRich, Apr 27, 2020.

1. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Morning everyone.

With boredom thoroughly set in I'm considering an upgrade to the bike in the form of a Brembo RCS and braided lines.

Question is, is it worth it? Anyone got any prior experience?

• Like Like x 1
  2. nozdog

nozdog Active Member

I fitted a Brembo RCS and Braided line to my track bike which made the world of difference was night and day performance much more fell and better braking, if just for the road I'd just fit some HEL brake lines and SBS RS pads which also is a good upgrade.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Slick

Slick Elite Member

If you don't like the soft feel and long travel of OEM then RCS or similar is worth wide.
    Ran an RCS at the ratio that provides shorter travel (IIRC 20mm) , but both ratios the lever was much harder than the soft OEM.

My current Blade is running standard ( I don't do track day anymore) considering refitting the RCS but in no hurry , I guess your body just adapts to working with inferior parts bit like the feeling when you put on new tyres. but I bet when I put it back on I will think why I didn't do it earlier!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Just to note it's got a weird ass size bleed nipple, depending on your line config the banjo is the wrong length, factor in cost of reservoir mods ( I used a lady bird and OEM bottle) and you'll probably want a matching clutch lever

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. raphael

raphael Elite Member

once you’ve gone to a brembo ar acassato master it’s will be the first thing you do on your next bike as it’s night and day difference imho mate

6. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I noticed that the Accossato ones were a little cheaper. It's just for road use so one to consider?

7. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Not sure about the Accossato as they may have it as well but the RCS19 has both 20 and 18 ratios and brake light switch.
    I think they say 20 for the road- response, 18 for track - power and modulation.

8. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Mines been in the shed for a year and half and you've just convinced me to refit it! Not as if I have no time to fit it lol

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

I've said this before but I wouldnt recommend the extra for the corsa corta. I stupidly paid extra and swapped an RCS 19 for the above and there was no need. The normal one is a big enough upgrade and for the cost they are a brilliant.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. raphael

raphael Elite Member

pretty much identical to the brembo mate, speak to mike on here @BikersDiscountStore knows his stuff and very helpful.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. raphael

raphael Elite Member

mimes the 20 ratio Jon, les lever travel and instant power and lots of feel.
    Would be the first thing I changed on a bike now mate.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Once my brake pistons are polished and calipers back on the RCS is next

• Like Like x 1
  13. stuart_g

stuart_g Active Member

I would love to do this to my bike. They go to the lengths of fitting Brembo calipers as standard and then the crappy standard master cylinder lets it all down.
    I suppose it is personal taste on how you want the brake lever to feel but me personally i like less lever travel, harder feel and more bite.
    My last blade (2012) i put Hel lines on the front, didn’t bother with the rear as i hardly use it and found it powerful enough. Went for two lines from master cylinder, one to each side. I didn’t really think it made that much difference over standard.
    This time around i would fit the master cylinder and see how it felt with standard hoses especially with the abs on the SP2 and bleeding the lines etc.
    Let us all know what you go for and what the end result Is.

14. Slick

Slick Elite Member

I've used the RCS on both abs and non abs. the Abs trickery negates much of the advantages but you do still get much shorter travel. This is on an 09 abs, not sure if the sp2 abs works the same way though

15. BikersDiscountStore

BikersDiscountStore Active Member

If anyone's interested in a master cylinder upgrade and is looking at Accossato while this lockdown is on we'll throw in 2 x Hel brake lines foc.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Haha!! I was just about to contact you :D

• Like Like x 2
  17. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

• Like Like x 2
  18. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  19. raphael

raphael Elite Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. stuart_g

stuart_g Active Member

What about the front brake switch on the accosato? Looked on BDS website and it looks like you have to use a hydraulic one. My experience with this type is that they need a lot of pressure to work and can be a bit hit and miss. Is there a normal mechanical switch option? Also struggled to find a clutch lever to match either the folding and one piece lever.