MCE bike insurance

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by vic_ster51, Feb 27, 2012.

1. vic_ster51

vic_ster51 Active Member

What do you guys think of them?? of late im thinking they are bit useless when comes to quoting etc over phone, and people not trained well, and crappy tone on voice

Needed to vent my issues with them, but so annoyed cba to type loads :p

2. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Cheapest for me so i went for them.....but they do love to make charges £20 to 30 for changes to existing policys........

3. Smiler

Smiler Active Member

completely messed up my renewal, had to complain, they finally backed down and refunded the money they took after i insisted they listen to the recording of the original conversation............ they also cancelled my wifes insurance without notice :(

4. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

I went with them cos they were the cheapest. Did it all online, but had a phone call off them a few days after buying the policy to ask if i was happy with everything etc

5. damodici

damodici Active Member

I had my renewal come through a week or so ago and it was £900 for the blade and rc8 :(

Obviously I rang them up and after explaining to them I'd rather peel my own scrotum with a rusty spoon they pretty much halved the quote...... So DO protest :)

6. vic_ster51

vic_ster51 Active Member

yeah they canceled mine when i only asked how much it would cost to cancel after having insurance for 6 days... 200 ish pounds.... i was like naw i aint wasting £200 just leave it how it is.... called up today about adding another bike... oh your policy been canceled, so i been riding around for 10days with no insurance, wonder what would have happened if i got caught! its all on tape though but you can imagine the agro you would have to go through to be right!.... everytime i called, people sounded stupid and talk to you like shit basically.... few people are fine

7. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

I had a quote for the blade and gixxer, I ended up staying with Swinton so I didnt use them, they then rang the mobile letting it ring 3 times then hanging up every day for about a month.
    I rang back one time to be put in a que to return the call.
    Waste of time

8. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I had similar issues and I wrote an email to their marketing director, they were very helpful and informative once you get past the front desk. I'll have a look tomorrow for the name and email address of the people I communicated with and PM you.

It is noteworthy that you don't need to be their friend to get a good value insurance, I'm happy with mine.

9. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Im with MCE

Had the same experience as most tbh

Not great service but cheapest by far and when i finally got it sorted i was happy to stay with them .

Now for the bad part lol.... I got my policy with MCE for nearly 300 less than everyone else so i was chuffed but it only lasted a month till i got a letter saying that my policy had been cancelled . The letter was not from MCE but from the underwriter .

Phoned MCE who told me that my policy was fine and still active so i called the underwriter who told me that it had not been cancelled yet and the letter was an admin error however my policy wil be cancelled as i failed to declare a fault accident / claim .

The only claim i had been involved in was an old woman bumping my car when parked in a car park . I didn't think this would count as i was not even in the car but you MUST declare any incident with in 5 years .

The underwriter could not update it till i got a letter from my car insurer saying that it was a non fault claim but i had to give it to MCE for them to update it .

Back on the phone to MCE whom didn't have a clue what i was talking about and kept trying to tell me to just ignore it and it will be fine , After speaking to the department manager they finally updated it and i was fined 30 quid for not declaring . Still left my policy costing 270 odd less .

Sorry for the rant ,, lol What I'm getting at is just make sure you read all the documents when you get them and double check all the details are correct .

Plus if you join Club MCE and register your BSB tickets before a race you win prizes that include pillion laps with riders etc .. everyone loves a freebee !!! ha ha

10. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

I was with them, lost almost a years NCB when I bought the RR10 (coming from a 600RR) as they said the current insurer wouldn't insure me with business use on the blade. As I was in the shop I just swallowed. Then last year when the renewal came through at £720 for both bikes I decided to go else where.

11. Barmbyblade

Barmbyblade Active Member

Just had my renewal quote from MCE, for both the Blade and Ducati fully comp, with breakdown & recovery, loan bike, leathers & helmet cover £500.17p. I have only got 4 years NCB since coming back to riding so maybe that's a fair price?

12. stevebetts

stevebetts Well-Known Member

My insurance is due next month.
    I ran a quote with MCE yesterday and they quoted me £750!
    Im currently with Carole Nash - renewal with them is £500.
    I have 4 years no claims.
    Robbing bastards.

13. stevebetts

stevebetts Well-Known Member

Just phoned MCE.
    They have now reduced the price to £377. F**king incredible!
    Also found a company called H&R Insurance. Checked them out. They have been around since the 70s.
    They have quoted me £270.

14. Gums

Gums Active Member

can you PM me the details too please Carl ?

15. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Watch the RAC cover there mate, if you read the small print is very basic, will recover you to the nearest garage within ten miles only, less you pay to uprage?

16. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I don't need to PM the info, the people I delt with were:

Emma Westley Head of Marketing [email protected]
    Hallam Knapp Sales Manager [email protected]

To be fair Hallam we the helpfull guy!

17. gRRandeelion

gRRandeelion Active Member

Just had my renewal over the phone from MCE, £174-50 inc. protected NCB. £25 cheaper than last year and £40 cheaper than MCNcompare.com. I'm happy , so far.