My day could have not wen't worst

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by InsanitY, Jul 20, 2018.

1. InsanitY

InsanitY New Member

Came home from work after a busy and dreadful day..and really close to where I work It was a long stretch of road where I usually tend to speed a bit..but the stretch comes right after a small bend where there is a bus station right after( kind of hard to explain) and I accelerate quiet a lot in first gear past a bus that was stationed only to find police was about 3 car lengths after the bus.

Now worst part is..I think they were playing a joke on me..all 3 laughed as I instantly hit the brakes...now here comes the weird part..I think the guy pretended to have a radar gun in his hand as he got his "gun" up as soon as I passed the bus..now what do I do..obviously I slow down..accept my fate is sealed and pool over right before traffic lights...I look in the mirror..they we're not far ..but they didn't signal me or anything..2 cars of police in front..so after waiting at the red...seeing nobody wants to come and serve me the wonderful ticket..I proceed on my way but take left so that I don't run into the police cars upfront.

SURPRISEEE ...2 more police cars on the left...(again accepted my fate...it is what it is they will pull me over)
    but NO they were directing traffic onto the right...so I go that way..another 2 police cars and 2 vans on the road I got directed...I go forward and I end up back to the exact 2 cars I tried to avoid...now the even more weird part..nobodyyyy tried to freaking stopp me and an officer was literally standing next to me as I was giving priority on one of the streets..

So I proceed on my usual way home...really slowly and sad as hell(pretty much good for nothing) thinking only about if those guys just played a joke on me seeing how they were all laughing and I didn't actually see a god damn radar gun(but god knows I turned white so who knows) and how I could get my licence revoked before even receiving my R1..seeing how I'm on first year of licence after upgrading from the 2 years on A2 (not actually sure if that still applies to me seeing how I've done 2 years on A2).

Now on my way...on the highway at 70mph...I try to press the brakes to slow down a bit.. now my GOD damn brakes won't work and I had the lever half way through and it suddenly bites..I realease imediatelly ..and after my GOD damn ABS light comes blinking ...turn engine of and on everything works again...could anything have gone worst :(

Now only thinking If I'll get done for...or was it just a joke..as it seems unlikely that 10 cars of police add up...helicopter in the air..so clearly something more important was going on..and one of them just happens to pull out his radar gun.

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

That's insane!:)

3. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

A few years ago my brother thought a BMW racing up behind him was trying to race him on the motorway, so he put his foot on his tuned scooby, and started to leave the BMW behind a little, it was a fast machine though that BMW and after going well over a ton he thought better of it and slowed down, as the BMW went past slowly he gave them the finger only to see if was 4 coppers :eek: they just laughed and carried on, he was scared shitless for weeks after expecting a letter, but nothing came and he was never done for it? they must have had something more important to do that day, he was one lucky guy for sure.
    maybe it was the same for you?

4. InsanitY

InsanitY New Member

One can only hope....I'm seriously scared:)) I can't imagine not being able to use the R1...and having to go through my tests again...I'm literally sooo done with them..

5. Naz

Naz Active Member

6. InsanitY

InsanitY New Member

Yup like I was not scared enough:)) now I've been reading on everything police related for like 5 hours..:))) and many things don't add up..:)))

The 10 cars and nobody stopping me...3 guys laughing with the "pretend(or not) gun"...nobody wearing a high viz vest...hiding behind car..no signal...I stop and nothing...idk they must have a hell of a time telling the story of "how they took a piss out of a rider today" at dinner table tonight.

7. Naz

Naz Active Member

I think you will be alright mate, they had to of been there for some reason / issue going off in that area, if they were monitoring for speeders you would have been stoped when you went past the second lot of police, stay positive hopefully nothing come back to you

8. InsanitY

InsanitY New Member

Yup I'm thinking the same...they don't bring 10 cars and helicopters just to divert you when you've been speeding:))... any Idea whats up with the 2 years probation? my understanding is that it only applies to first category which I had..so basically the A2...so I should be ok (broke but ok:)) even I'f I get 6 points.... example you have a car licence..2 years you have probation during which 6 points revokes it..but after that if you passed say A...you don't have probation anymore...that would be ridiculous if you did..it would mean you'd always be in probation if you keep adding categories.

9. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Is it at all possible that you happened to ride into a movie or series shoot scene? Too many things point to it as not being consistent with usual and expected police response. (Perhaps we'll see you on a future episode of 'Vera'?)

I think that if they were serious they would have pinged you on the spot, not leave you as a (perceived) risk to the public and later serve fine or summons.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. InsanitY

InsanitY New Member

Apparently i got back to work today and talked to a local shop and they said the were sitting there the whole day with radar gun apparently...now if it was a speed shacke down I don’t see why not stop me on the spottt...looks like I’m getting the points after all

11. Alan-lee

Alan-lee Active Member

If it was a handheld radar gun they’d have had to stop you there and then so I wouldn’t worry about the Po po at all.

Id be more worried about the abs messing about.

Valuable lesson learnt here though, don’t speed when you can’t see what’s coming.. what if a child ran out behind/in front of the bus? Not worth thinking about

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Speeding. Don’t let it bother you. If you get a letter you get a letter. Nothing you can do about it.
    Brakes... welcome to Honda ABS

13. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

I'm also of the understanding that if it's a copper stood by the side of the road with a gun then they wave you in as you are approaching rather than send out tickets. I think you'll be OK. Ride safe though mate, it's really not worth the risk.

14. InsanitY

InsanitY New Member

Yeah I hope you guys are right but my understanding ia that legally they don’t have to stop you...they could just issue you a NIP. Gonna be a long and awfull 14 days... and I’m gonna get my R1 any day now from the shop...and I won’t get to enjoy it as I’ll be too out of it to do any proper riding. Learned a lesson I guess but lets hope thats all it is..a lesson

15. T.C

T.C Elite Member

Nothing in the regulations that say you have to be stopped at the time.

16. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

100% agree TC.....but I think if they're stood at the side of the road then they tend to be there to pull you in there and then and deal with it on the spot. I suspect if they haven't pulled you in then you have managed to slow down in time to get below the speed limit or they haven't got a reading on you. How fast were you going?

17. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Having read the original post again I suspect the bus has saved your bacon. They might not have had the time to get a decent reading on you.

18. Alan-lee

Alan-lee Active Member

May not be in the regulations but they HAVE to stop you there and then for a radar gun.

It has no way of storing speeds against a registration. Plus you are on a motorcycle so it’s your word against theirs even if you do get a letter.

Prove it was your bike.. that’s what it boils down to. They have no physical evidence of you speeding

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Alan-lee

Alan-lee Active Member

Actually you won’t get a letter they’ll be calling to your door on suspicion of breaking the speed limit. Can’t send a letter with no physical evidence to back up their claim

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Alan-lee

Alan-lee Active Member

If what you are saying is the complete truth ill put money on it you won’t hear anything about it

• Agree Agree x 1