My Winter Project :-)

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by lambchops, Sep 15, 2013.

1. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Well have my bike for 3 years now and only ride in the summer so tend to spend some time spanering on it over the winter to keep me occupied. First winter decided to give the bike a more modern look as was showing its age a bit so fitted a VFR800 rear swinging arm and changed the forks to cbr1000RR5 units which then had some fake Ohlins treatment. Stipped the whole bike appart and clean / polished painted everything and put it back together!
    All was going well so changed the fat rear blade end to a Gixer unit and rode around for a year a happy man, even made a mag feature in Practical Sports Bikes

Started like this

blade01.jpg

Ended the winter like this

rscsanone.jpg

Rode around all summer and had a blast then last Winter had a think what I wanted to do with it, started working on weight loss and decided the 800 arm had to go as it was very heavy. Also changed the wheels to some OZ forged items and added the RSV rear swinging arm, RSV Ohlins. Also had the engine out and a good mate gave it the full blueprint treatment and I manged to find a full Ti Akro headers with custom Ti link pipe and SPengineering end can. Also added a racing lipo battery, 520 chain conversion and I was done phew!

res307.jpg

res304.jpg

ard13.jpg

Well whats next I here you ask as Winter is again approaching! Well for this Winter its all change again.. Its my biggest challenge yet as ive bought myself a CBR1000RR5 engine to transplant in to the bike. Out will come the 900 motor and in will go the RR5 lump :) Going to be many challenges im sure and I hope you 1000 experts will be able to help me out not a famillar with this modern tackle as I am with the old school blade, bit worried about all the electrics gubbings but im sure after many hours studdying the wiriing diagrams all will become clear :eek:

Im transfering everything over, engine, fuel system and the full loom. Its going to need some major mods on the frame to carry the motor and probaly going to have to gut the tank to clear the airbox but we will see... Luckily enough have a mate whos an alloy fabricator so hes going to be a busy man haha.

Well I will leave you with a couple of pics of my new engine and bits collected so far! Also if anyone want to buy a freshly rebuilt 900 motor let me know ;)

Oh and before anyone says "why dont you just buy an RR5" what would be the fun in that :)

res329.jpg

res328.jpg

res330.jpg

#1 lambchops, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 29
  2. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

You clever bleeder...............that's a cracking looking bike mate......im effin envious ! lol

3. Givover

Givover God Like

And you need our help ? That is a minter and credits for your high skill level .What make is the rear sprocket dude I like that?

4. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Would have loved to know the Reg plate......My first brand new purchase was a RRW in those colours..... S reg..... bought from Carnells ! it cant be can it ??

5. Andy

Andy Active Member

Incredible work

6. just_me _and _me _bike

Wow ur a genius dude!!! I get cold sweats just taking off the chain guard to clean off the crud just incase i break or lose summat :(

7. raphael

raphael Elite Member

i cant take much more of this bike! kin love it!! think this build thread is gonna send me over the edge haha keep it coming fella

8. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

I have seen this in the flesh guys and the pics don't do justice at all!
    I love this thing

9. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Looks fantastic mate.

10. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

WOW cant believe the replys thanks guys :D

Also made a cheaky offer on this dash on ebay and the guys accepted! Think this will be fun to wire in haha

dash1.JPG

Bike is on an R reg Rob so not yours sorry buddy :)

11. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Mart..... I know you a bloody Mod but...... DO YOU HAVE TO WIND US UP !!! and thought touching the Titanic's Hull in Vegas was my greatest moment...... !! :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Phew !!! I loved that bike and would never have forgiven you !!

"Lambchops" I must say you have come a long way since you left Sheri Lewis s Right hand !! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Awesome bike. I'm sure I've read your build thread on a site?

From what I've previously read, sure you'll have that engine done in no time.

#13 Dave V, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  14. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Didnt get that Lambchops ref Rob haha you lost me :)

Yep there is a full build thread on another forum Dave this is where you would have seen it

15. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

haha wow, never seen that before :)

17. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Ok youngster....but your still a very clever buggar !

But seriously with playing around with the rear how was the handling ??...... with all the variable swingers ??

18. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

the dimensions of the swingers are very close to the stock one, all around the same length. I couldnt tell the diffrence...

19. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

I want to do a sport bike morph with a good pal of mine that's not too over engineered.....although I know it will post many challenges..... what would you say was the most awkward with this one ??

#19 Repsol Rob, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  20. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Most awkward thing was getting the rear wheel centred, as the wheels are 954 fitment. Its not easy to get the wheel in the middle (in line with the front) and the chain run lined up also. If I was to do it again I would use the RSV OZ wheels as then its much easyer as they are designed for the swinger.

• Like Like x 1