New bike, Suzuki "Gixxer F"

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Mattie660, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Call from the dealer, bike has arrived :) but still doing the pre-delivery stuff !

Took the Fireblade up there to do the deal. So that has gone now :( no more CBR Fireblade :(. I have a great deal of fondness for that bike.

But new sportsbikes are becoming more track focused than the trusty old Blade, and more expensive:eek: probably due to the electronics that are required to keep it all in check. OK, fine.

Suzuki has come up with an alternative. Still a lot of mambo, from the old Gixxer motor, but with a few simple electronics - a modern bike, at a very reasonable price. I do not really need all the top end power of the regular GSXR. This thing should have plenty of go.

This thing is going to be great - the Gixxer F

What do you think ?

Suzuki F edit.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Not my cup of tea to be honest! The front end looks like it was left out in the sun to long and started to melt like a candle, sorry

3. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Think i watched a 44teeth review of these and they loved it.

Not as sexy as a sportsbike but not a bad looking bike imo.

Congrats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Spartan Andy

Spartan Andy Active Member

Congrats on the new bike Matt
    Good looking touring class bike there, Looks very comfy for very long distance riding with the high up handle bars.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Thanks for your comments. I think it has got character, and I am sure it will be able to hold its own power wise.

If it was slow to get going I would not have bought it, but it promises good power from low down - like a cheaper Tuono, that can carry a bit of throw-over luggage !

Hepco & Becker make a sportrack for it. So you can put a 70 litre Oxford roll bag on the back, just like I have been doing with the Blade. Will get a Yoshimura for it, and probably a Nitron shock. Red Brembos are going on it at the moment - to add a bit of colour to it !

Will take it to France to run it in, maybe this weekend if it does not rain.

Lots of big smiles !
    :)

6. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Looks ok for touring, not my "cup of tea" but enjoy :)

7. Blix

Blix Active Member

Nice one mate, I like it in white I have to admit.

My last GSXR750 had 150 brake same as this and that was plenty fast so I think it'll be a fun bike.
    This is on my list of potentials so you'll have to let me know how you get on with it, it's narrowed down to this or an MT-10 or an S1000R.

Don't know if you like the can or not but Youshimura do a lovely alpha series, not sure if they're legal in the UK but I'd be sticking one on, the all carbon version of this.

IMG_5317.JPG

8. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Get a nice black aftermarket can & some small but sexy red ducati style trick bits on it mattie :)
    Look forward to your assessment of it once you're up & running :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

I've been looking for a second bike over the last year & been bouncing between the Africa T & Mt 10 but then test rode the new striple rs...WOW....a totally awesome blast packet of fun! Yep...smaller than the other 2 but massive grin factor :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Blix

Blix Active Member

Is that the Triumph Spped Triple?
    it gets a good write up by all accounts, I saw an RS up at Keilder a couple of weeks ago that had every bling part you could imagine on it, was a bit overdone I though but it did look good.
    I've had a test ride booked on the MT-10 for the past two weekends but it chucked down both times so I haven't bothered, looking forward to having a go on it though and I might take out the trumpet as well.

11. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Thanks @ Blix and Lozzy - Have looked at the Alpha - I like that it is a bit stubbier than the R-11 and a bit cheaper - but the heart says R-11 in black !

15O horses are enough for what I am doing. I like something that gets a move on straight away - do not want to be doing 200 mph, but want something that will get me gone now ! and not after a long pause - I want to go - now !!:D

This bike feels a bit like a toy compared to the Blade. Some things it does better, but no single finger pull on the breaks. Also fuelling is not as good as my old 2015 Blade.

It is nice to ride, and it has got some go about it, nice riding position - but everything is pretty easy - not a challenging bike to ride and tame, but still capable of hunting down sportsbikes on the road.

My only concern is the brakes, they are still a bit spongy - but it has only done 38 miles ! I will be watching that, and if they need upgrading then I will.

I think it is good value for money, and I will take it all over Europe, and chase BMW GSs up and down the Alps !;)

First ride:
    New Suzuki GSX-S1000F.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  12. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

Enjoy Matt

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Blix

Blix Active Member

There ya go, all black, well mostly ;)

IMG_5325.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

It's the Street Triple...it's so light & just, well so much bloody fun. First bike I've sat on in a long time & thought oooo nice before I've even turned the key. MT10 looks good tho too!

15. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

You can never do enough GS chasing...it's compulsory ;)

16. Blix

Blix Active Member

I had a run on a Daytona 675R a few years back and that was a hoot, had to keep it on the boil but was so light and agile, it felt like it would lean forever and I remember the brakes being fantastic but it was a light bike I suppose.
    I also remember it being as hard as hell, made my GSXR feel plush :)

17. Dave dunlop

Dave dunlop Elite Member

Totally agree.... rode the new 765RS a few months ago, what a blast:D wouldn't hesitate if I was in the market for a naked bike! I had far more fun on the RS than the MT10 for some reason! Probably due to poor throttle response, weight, wooden brakes, uncomfortable seat and generally just looking plane ugly..... I'd take the RS all day:D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Interesting you say that about the mt10..I've heard the same off a few folks. Tbh the thing that drew me into it a bit was the funny looks lol. Just couldn't quite get the enthusiasm up to test ride it. The seat did feel horrendous tho just sitting on it!
    There was nothing I didn't love about the triple...stunning little bike :)

19. Blix

Blix Active Member

The looks are growing on me for the MT-10, the reason I'm test riding it is that I couldn't lose one a couple of weeks back on roads I know fairly well so it seems like it can go at least.
    I know what you mean about smaller bikes though, Ive had 6 sports 600's over the years and I definitely think on the roads you could cane them more than the big bikes, tbh though as nice as the Triple looks if I was in the market for a 750 I'd buy another GSXR, had 3 over the years with no issues and they can still put a big smile on your face, lot of bike for £9999 plus a free yoshi now :)

20. Dave dunlop

Dave dunlop Elite Member

Seriously go a try one..... I really disliked it and found it very disappointing.... my ass was so numb after 30 mins I couldn't wait to get off! The brakes felt like they came off an old FZR and don't give you much confidence if your getting a lick on..... but the worst is the on and off throttle feeling.... hated it.... now the 765 is a peach:D nothing negative other than I don't own one yet!