Not starting

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by StephenRay, May 14, 2024.

1. StephenRay

StephenRay Active Member

Hi all been off for a bit usually a good sign as all is good on the bike and I don't get much time to use as a weekend toy anyway so only comuting, anyhow this week had an issue occur with starting.
    Issue is bike started to sound lazy on turn over the other morning, rode to site and parked, start it to leave for home and sounded a little tighter. Arrived home and switched off at ignition opened my gate, started it again still very tight and weak sounding, rode in parked switched off for 2 mins tried again and just clicking at the starter relay,

Firstly I know the usual kill switch issue so never use it but know if it's not working.
    Secondly I have changed the battery so not that. Brand new
    Thirdly I have replaced the starter relay so also brand new, but it still just clicks, any ideas, maybe is there an issue with starter motors as the earth cable and live from battery get hot when trying to constantly start it.

Any help is much appreciated.

2. Wes

Wes Active Member

Jump it and use a meter to prove she’s charging. Check your battery leads are secure whilst your there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Broadie

Broadie Active Member

I'm sure I've seen a post about the starter motor magnets falling off. But check the cabling first.