Oh no! Yoshimura r77 baffle

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Leeb, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Leeb

Leeb Active Member

Just tried to fit my baffle into my exhaust on my 11 blade, as I was doing it I’ve dropped the little screw in the end cap!

No idea if I can get it out now, anyone else done this? Why do they make these things so bloody fiddly to do!!!

2. R.M

R.M Member

Have you a magnet you can attach to a long piece of wire & fish it out?

3. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

Just start it up and see how far it blows it out :D;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Pop a wheelie and see if it falls out :p

More seriously I would try something like bluetack on the end of a stick, too much metal for a magnet.

5. Shutty

Shutty Well-Known Member

Dropped it down my Superduke.. just fired it up and it shot straight out but given its 10mins to drop a can off im assuming you have sorted it

6. Gabtiel2202

Gabtiel2202 New Member

I did exactly the same - it's a pain in the arse and the issue could be solved with just 4mm more thread on the bolt.

If it is in the end cap then it's sitting on the packing and hasn't fallen down the pipe (as per photo). I gave up trying to get it out until I remove the end can at some point. It's not gone anywhere (yet!).

Attached Files:

7. Rick

Rick New Member

I goosed around with the screw for a while trying various methods to prevent it dropping off the key - given the tight space up against the swingarm, before I got jack of it and took the can off.
    Took me a while, about 45 mins, to carefully dislodge the can. I don't think it'd been off in years. Ten year old bike bought second hand.
    Once I had the can off, 5 minute job to fit. No drama. Just take the can off and save the frustration.

8. Leeb

Leeb Active Member

All sorted now, yeah had to remove the end can. So annoying, why place the screw to the left where the swing arm is!!!

Thanks everyone