Oil Filter for 2017 Fireblade

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by MikeB, Jun 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MikeB

MikeB Active Member

Hi all,

I am just getting into the first 600 mile break in of my new 2017 Fireblade. Where you are supposed to have a oil change to get rid of the break in oil and a new oil filter, and the stamp in the book :)
    I have used K&N oil filters on all my older bikes.
    So does anyone know if the KN-204 that has been the one for over 10 years of Fireblades is still the correct one for the 2017, as K&N's site does not currently list the 2017.

Cheers

2. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

Did you not get free service with bike?

Id go to Honda so no problems with warranty

3. MikeB

MikeB Active Member

Oh I'll have this first 600 mile one done as not sure if they do anything weird to get the Break In oil out - like some sort of flush through, but after that each year I do an oil and filter change so wanted to switch over to the better than OEM K&N filter.

4. Ritchierich

Ritchierich Well-Known Member

I had a genuine Honda oil filter for my 2014 SP and it was the same one for my new 2017 SP, if that helps.

5. Dave dunlop

Dave dunlop Elite Member

Nothing weird! Just drain the old stuff out and replace with fresh oil and oil filter, Nut and bolt check and a little lube, chain adjustment if required.... takes no longer than 40 mins... but they probably will charge you £140 upwards for the privilege and of course the golden stamp in the book!! Bournemouth Honda just charged my mate £180 for first service on the old model....just how far do you want you to pull my pants down Mr Honda!!!.... Joke

It's a right royal rip off if you ask me.... they buy the oil in bulk and the filters at around £4 a pop! .... don't take a genius to work out there on to a good thing! They might cut you a deal if they supplied the bike but don't expect a big discount as you are helping to fund a massive dealership network, big overheads and flashy showrooms.....oh and some mechanics that's won't be able to put your bike back together properly.....

#5 Dave dunlop, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  6. Gaffa22

Gaffa22 Well-Known Member

you don't have to have a main dealer service, you can use an independent
    fortunately my dealer is happy for me to do my own servicing, I do buy genuine OEM parts from him though then keep the receipts.