paddock stand not wide enough

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by collier32, Sep 21, 2013.

1. collier32

collier32 Member

Had my paddock stands for years used on my previous bikes, today decided to go and get some paddock stand bobbins for the new cbr1000rr.Chose some nice R&G jobbies got home fitted them went to lift the bike up to find the paddock stand not quite wide enough to use the hooks DOH !!! so the choice is now to use the swing arm cups which I don't feel are as safe as hooks or go out and buy a new wider paddock stand :mad::mad:

2. watkins58

watkins58 Active Member

Hey mate, I feel your pain. Had exactly the same problem when I purchased a Tech-7 stand, it was about an inch to narrow, I turned the stand on it's side stood on the side that was on the floor and pulled the other side upward, managed to stretch it the required amount.

3. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I had this problem with mine but I found that I could (excuse the expression) spread the legs of my stand easily. Just a little push to either side widened it up so that it fit like a glove. Might wanna give that a go before you go buying a new one.

4. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Most stands only just accommodate the Blade!

I've had an Oxford stand and currently a Harris stand, both only just accommodated the blade Arse with bobbins on.

A little persuasion in the leg spreading department usually works wonders, bit like when you were 16! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. beavis

beavis Active Member

Same , I store mine all winter with the swing arm in the cups no probs.

6. AABIKER

AABIKER Member

What a pain in the ar*e mate. If you do decide to get a new paddock stand - call Andy at Demon Tweeks. I got my new blade earlier this year & had R & G bobbins fitted to it. I got Andy to fix me up with a decent middle of the price range paddock stand. It's their own & have been very happy with it. It was under £40.

7. collier32

collier32 Member

Thanks for the replies decided to bend the legs out to make it fit so i can save some money for the next mod

8. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

I need one to work with bobbins was considering a Harris one but if you could post a link I will have a look at the DT option sounds a good option.