Paddock Stand Recommendations please?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by nigelrb, Apr 24, 2018.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Have an ABBA stand which is great, but I also want a quick and simple rear stand (and maybe front) for short-term use in the driveway, etc.
    Have looked here: https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_cat/163
    and the Oxford Premium seems an okay mid-price bracket stand. Lifts from under the swing arm rather than from bobbins. Has that ever been a concern for anyone? Also, anything else available at a good price? (I'd rather pay as bit extra than have a bike wobbling around on an el-cheapo! Cheers!

2. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

They are out of stock but silver available.

Ive had one for a while and its been awesome for the price.

4. Brian....

Brian.... New Member

These stands are perfect and don’t cost an arm and leg, I have them in black and my mates also have them.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Thanks tuktuk. I darted to the site before I read your second post. I've sent a 'Notify Me' email, but if they have silver, I won't mind - matches my swing arms anyway!!:)

Thanks Brian. Best recommendations come from people who use the product.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Just ordered front and rear for 57 quid. Great deal!!:D

7. Jez

Jez Senior Member

I bought a spider warrior from deemon tweeks, Lifts the whole bike you can move the bike with no wheels best £150 I have spent. it stays on the stand all winter to keep the tyres round and take the weight off the suspension. would not be without it now

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jez

Jez Senior Member

also the warrior is good when you want to clean the wheels

9. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yeah, they are good. I should have maybe bought one of those instead of my ABBA. However, I just want these simple paddock stands for quick jacking up. Cheers, Jez!

10. hitch

hitch Elite Member

How do you lot get on with those front paddock stands?
    I've got Motrax (I think thats the brand - big purple things) and I always sh*t myself using the front one, which is why I bought the ABBA with the rear support to raise the front wheel.
    I also bought one of those roller contraptions to clean the front wheel which is brilliant, for when I cant be bothered to rig up all the ABBA stuff

11. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yeah, hitch, that's my exact point - rigging up the ABBA. Sure it's only a few minutes, but not wishing to gloat, I have 3 different mounting kits so I'm sometimes switching from one to the other also. And yes, there are times when we want to just hoist the bike up and do a 'refresh' clean:).

I have wondered about the front wheel spinners. I remember a post about them on here some time ago and thought they were a gimmick. I see a lot more merit in them now!

12. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Heh, refresh clean. I'm forever wiping over the wheels :oops:

I thought the same about the spinner/roller thing, after I bought it I thought it was going to be just something else cluttering up the garage, but I use it regularly - very convenient.

• Like Like x 1
  13. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

• Like Like x 2
  14. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Looking good mate.

Top stands for the price.

15. DazK

DazK Active Member

I struggled to find a set wide enough for the swing arm with R&G cotton reels on. Tech 7 cheapies were striking the swing arm as were other brands so eventually but the bullet and got some Harris stands in stainless finish. Pricey but well worth it :) Bike gets to a point and the stand takes over the lift, no effort at all. Seen Hillier using them and remembered them looking good.

16. Jez

Jez Senior Member

I would not be without my spider warrior about £170 all in from deemon tweeks. you can lift the whole bike up at one go with one hand then remove both wheels and still move the bike

17. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yeah, that's the essence of a good stand - good geometry. Some cheapies have to be stood on to get the bike up.

18. Jez

Jez Senior Member

What really drives me mad is,I bought the bike with 700 miles on and you can see the mark a padock stand has made on the swing arm

19. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

So it was a sitting underneath the s/a one rather than using bobbins? That would annoy me too!

At least if bobbins get scratched/stuffed, you just bung on a new set.

20. Jez

Jez Senior Member

Hi, The scratch is from someone using a normal paddock stand onto bobbins and missing to fully seat in the bobbin one side, It then catches the S/A with the metal hook as it lifts, It shouts at me every time I look at it. anyway looks like bike day again tomorrow, Yorkshire TT here I come.

• Funny Funny x 1