Parking fine

Discussion in 'Non Bike Related' started by bazzashadow, Jun 22, 2020.

1. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

Today I received a phone call off my boss
    He said had I parked in a pub car park?
    Me, no not me :rolleyes:
    Turns out it was me :p:p:p
    I had gone to pick up my sons motorbike after he had got a puncture.
    I drove in chucked the bike on the back( 2 stroke scrambler) of the truck And drove off, 7 minutes it said on the fine.
    £100 or £60 if paid straight away :eek:
    Can I appeal it? even though my boss has said he will pay and will not let me pay.:)
    What a boss:D

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

They try to get you on contact law. What is the reason for the fine?
    Oh and unless it's a dead cert that you'd win then my advice would be to cut your losses and pay the reduced amount as they're dodgy robbing b@stards who try every trick in the book. They chased me for 3 years and £60 soon became over £500 after loading it with fake charges. I went to court and won as the beak tore them apart, but they play the law of averages as most people pay up when they receive financial threats of how much these unregulated cowboys will jack the price up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. hitch

hitch Elite Member

We got stung with the ANPR system at the gym (back in the days when you could go :()
    I tried to argue that we were only 11 minutes over and gave some waffle about not everyone can use the phone smart app etc. and won! ...however next time it happened they weren’t having any of it, I paid the £60 :mad::(

Another time I tried and tried to battle TfL over a box junction fine but they’ve heard it all before and as Muffking says they know ALL the loopholes, better to just swallow it and move on :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

Got away with 2, one at Boots Health Clinic car park in Truro over 5 years ago, where it said no parking after 9.00pm I arrived at 8.35 pm and left at 9.15 pm, £100 reduced to £56 if paid within 7 days etc. Spoke to them once on the phone, but didn't give any personal details, asking why you can be charged for a car park which is free during the day, and get charged for parking after 9.00 pm even though I was there before the 9.00pm deadline, ignored all letters about 6 in total, which became about £300 and then reduce to the first fee after that eventually they stopped.

The other one nearly 2 years ago at a local car park in Falmouth, which got a bit tasty...., APNR so a photo with me in my Navara entering & leaving a time of 16 minutes in the car park. Spoke to the car park landlord who hired a car park firm to run it, said I was waiting for a space and non became available so drove out, also confirmed it was a by-ways land not a high-ways land, so the person who was driving the vehicle was eligible not the owner under by-ways laws and you do not have to name the driver, passed this info onto the car park firm, had several letters, text messages, a few debt collectors letters, threats of ccj's, demanding over £400 toward the end, then some rather tasty phone calls from solicitors, who asked me to confirm my personal details, the reply was you rang me so who are you and what is it to do with, they refused to tell you so you refuse to give your personal details. That was over a year ago heard nothing since.

If you have the balls to never acknowledge these letters, but definitely don't give them your personal details. Council or Police parking charges are payable, but car parks run by companies are not.

All information for the way to go about these car park "invoices" can be found an moneysaving expert, the Martin Lewis website

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Can you be arsed really? £60 is a bit steep but you've obviously fallen foul of a bit of sharp practice. Pay it and move on. It's not worth the time or hassle.

• Agree Agree x 1