Power commander?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by georgewinter21, May 15, 2017.

1. georgewinter21

georgewinter21 New Member

hi all
    New to this, I have my 1st blade, very low miles 1000 rr5 (sc57)
    I have ordered a 2nd hand (in good nic) scorpian can and link pipe as it is just a bit to quiet stock

I'm wondering if anyone can shed light on weather I will need a power commander, I know a lot of people have mixed opinions however I am not too sure

Many thanks in advance!!

2. sulaco

sulaco Active Member

Hi, my rr5 it has a full Micron Serpent system, and K&N filters, when I got it, it didn't have a power commander, and felt fine in general, but lumpy in town/slow traffic. So I picked a cheap one up on the net, fitted it installed the recommended map, It did make a big difference across the whole rev range but especially in town. But that is with a full system, don't know if it will make a huge difference with just the end can.

3. TheRamJam

TheRamJam Well-Known Member

If you want it perfect then you're probably best getting the fueling mapped to the new exhaust. Power commander is probably the most common but there are other ways which provide more tuning like Woolich Racing products :)

4. JayBee

JayBee New Member

Iv got a 1000rr6, K&N air filter, done the flapper mod, also got the GP big bore exhaust ( I removed the CAT) ran it without a power commander and with, for sure it runs better! Not a great increase in power but the delivery is a lot more applyable!! Specially in 2nd and 3rd gears!! Worth it!!