Problems installing the Kriega Tail pack

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by R.M, Dec 30, 2019.

1. R.M

R.M Member

So got myself the US30 tailpack for Xmas & tried fitting it today. I have a seat cowl fitted & I can't seem to attach the cowl back into position as the 4 x straps that attach to the subframe are preventing re fitment.

Has anyone installed same and run into the same issue?
    I don't have the OEM passenger seat. Would this make any difference?

Bit pissed off at moment. It was hard enough to get 4 anchor points.

Thx,
    Rob.

2. LRJimmy

LRJimmy Active Member

It could make a difference mate as my OEM seat sits much higher than my cowl does. You can see gaps with the seat whereas the cowl is close fitting

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bradt

bradt Elite Member

I use US 20 but never attempted to use with the cowl fitted, only ever used with seat I'd be worried about movement on a shiny surface also risk of damage to the cowl especially when tightening the straps

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Manofsteel

Manofsteel Well-Known Member

You definitely need the seat mate if you try and tighten the straps the cowl will deform or crack

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. R.M

R.M Member

That's what I was thinking!!

Anyone got a spare seat for a 14?

6. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Hi Rob. Yes the Kriega straps won't poke out from underneath a seat cowl, there isn't enough room. Even if you could get the straps out you don't want to strap the bag to the cowl as has been mentioned above. You will need the pillion seat which I'm sure can be picked up quite cheaply. But there is an alternative. Have you considered a sports rack for when you are using the bags?

https://www.hepco-and-becker-luggage.co.uk/

The US30 is quite a big bag for the pillion seat on a Fireblade, I think you'll find it will likely overhang onto the sub frame side panels a little bit if you put it on top of the pillion seat. I bought the US20 and US10 for stacking on top of each other because I was worried about the large US30 footprint. The Hepco and Becker sports rack offers a decent platform to load bags onto and could be your best option.

7. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member