R&G Second Skin Kit

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by PaulK, Mar 29, 2019.

1. PaulK

PaulK New Member

Hi All just a heads up on the R&G Second Skin kit for a 2017- CBR1000 basically don't bother :D

I have this kit and the cut and coverage of the product is poor in fact so poor I am thinking of removing it as there are too many joins that muck will get caught in and look crap. There are also pieces that don't fit at all :rolleyes: I am currently in contact with R&G to try and rectify or at least get it explained to me as to what if anything is wrong with the kit or me ;). I will update when I get a response so save yourself £100 notes or so because in my mind it is not worth the money. :(

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

3. PaulK

PaulK New Member

Yes that may have been a better option to be honest, the film itself is fine its the sloppy fit that bugs me the gaps between bits are too big as if they are trying to make it easier to fit

4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yep, that would bug me too. Any idea if the kit is British produced or is it from our Asian neighbours?;)

5. PaulK

PaulK New Member

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

If you want to keep your fairings in mint condition.......get some replica/Chinese fairings for 250 to 300 quid!

Can be sold on once your done with them as well;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PaulK

PaulK New Member

Yes had a set on my srad they were actually really good. Bit brittle but looked great.
    Had a reply from R&g about fitting issues sent me a picture got home went to fit and they are a mile off looks shit. If you want some paint protection I would look elsewhere :(

8. ray

ray Well-Known Member

9. PaulK

PaulK New Member

Thanks Ray I am going to investigate a local company to me who I believe uses VentureShield to get a quote

10. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

I have the venturesheild stuff on mine. The fit is really good and it has held up well considering it was applied end of 2013.

11. PaulK

PaulK New Member

I don't want to keep banging on about this but I wrote a review on this kit on R&G's product page which was fair and honest rating the kit around 2 stars. Lets just say it has not been allowed to be posted o_O. Also when I emailed regarding other issues I did get a response but they totally ignored any constructive criticism I expressed. I have always thought of R&G as a British success story and thought they had a bit more integrity than they have shown here, at the end of the day their products are not cheap and if you are paying a premium you expect a premium product and service. Rant over just thought I would let you know. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Understand completely, Paul. I too am one for speaking my mind with honesty and sincerity. I posted a negative 'one star' Google review some time back and copped heaps of flack from the business owner who chose to dispute and distort the matters (relating to customer service) that I had presented.

Whilst this is upsetting to you (initially) you have done the right thing and a service to other prospective purchasers of that kit. If a company is prepared to put itself to the scrutiny of public feedback, it should damn well be prepared to accept all reviews - not just positive. In the real business world, as many would agree, a negative feedback/review should be taken as an opportunity for a company to make improvements and not a springboard to admonish their customer. Hopefully, with the info on here (Ventureshield etc) you'll be well protected very soon.

13. PaulK

PaulK New Member

Thanks Nigel the lads at Venture Shield got straight back to me and their kit is far more comprehensive than the R&G and of comparable price. I think this is the route I will be taken once it stops snowning!!!! :mad:

14. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Snow? Where are you?

We have bits of sun and dark clouds in West Mids! (But no chance of a ride between clouds:()

15. PaulK

PaulK New Member

Its 1 degree C here in Newcastle the snow has turned to rain but it is a real winters day horrible

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. ray

ray Well-Known Member

Over the years I like many have purchased many items from R&G, but for some time now I have preferred the products and customer experience from the likes of Evotech & GB Racing.

I much prefer the look of GB's engine protection, but unfortunately so far they have not produced a set for the 04-07 Fireblade, but they are looking into making a set for the current CB1000R and they may fit as they use the same engine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. PaulK

PaulK New Member

Yes I to have previously spent lost of money with R&G for numerous different bikes. I think I am more disappointing at their total lack of customer service in future I will look elsewhere :(

18. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

+1 for EvoTech. Their stuff just feels like a quality product, and the customer service is good without going OTT. OK you pay for the quality, but R&G isn't normally that much cheaper and I gave up on their Customer Service after many ignored emails.

I wish EvoTech did more products, but then I wonder if they are in fact doing it right by concentrating on being good at the bits they do rather than the R&G path of trying to fit all bikes.

• Agree Agree x 4