R&G tail tidy number plate light

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Jandy, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Jandy

Jandy Active Member

Hi all my number plate light as stopped working on a R&G tail tidy, as any one else had this problem or know how to rectify it as its a sealed unit i presume

cheers......Jay

2. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

Check it's getting voltage if you haven't already, also if it's been disconnected at some point check the polarity is correct as it's a led and won't work if the positive and negative are swapped. When I first fitted my tail tidy my light didn't work as I assumed red was positive which it wasn't. If you've got voltage and it doesn't work connected either way then the light is probably faulty. Your can get a replacement from R&G or eBay for around £13.

• Old Old x 1
  3. Jandy

Jandy Active Member

Cheers .....it use to work fine but last August the reg/rectifier went and it took out the charging stator and fuel pump with it and the light hasn't worked since, coincidence maybe ????

4. ROBBO cbr

ROBBO cbr New Member

hi mate I've got one on my bike you can have .. I'll be able to sent it to you by the end of the week.. just waiting for my new tail ride to come from TST.. DM if you want it mate

5. Robbo52

Robbo52 Active Member

Mine went kaput after a couple of years, bought their LED replacement and that’s been spot on since.

6. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Is it a legal requirement, like a rear reflector?

Reason I ask is on my (winter bike) GSXR600, I fitted an undertray removing all the original 'guts' at the back, there is now no number plate light at all.
    It passed the MoT in June and came back with a horrendous big reflector on the number plate but no mention of lighting.

Or is it the case that if it's fitted it has to work?

7. Jandy

Jandy Active Member

I dont know the rules but When I took mine for MOT they said it didn't need a reflector because it had a number plate light :rolleyes:

8. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Haha.o_O

9. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member