Rad clip mod

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Benn The Pig, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

Was their one on the RR8> I'm sure I read somewhere their was a mod for this mine spat a bit if coolant out of the RHS somewhere today but it wasn't obvious where from?

Any help appreciated in advance!

2. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Has it been serviced or topped up lately, had mine serviced before td and first two sessions it was leaking... Thought something was up big time but they had filled right up and the pressure was obviously high so it was releasing via the overflow...

Something like that anyway, in my non technical description....

3. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

I have an 08 model, bought it second hand last September. The owner gave me a recall notice for the rad clip, said he just couldn't find the time to get it done. Got the bike home and gave it a wash and as I always do when I wash a bike I fire it up and let it run til the fan kicks in. Before it kicked in loads of steam came billowing out from underneath the right handlebar and I do mean loads of steam! Anyway I took it to the main Honda dealer in Blackpool and left it with them. He looked the frame number up on the computer and confirmed that it needed the rad clip doing and also the clutch had a recall on it too. All sorted courtesy of Mr Honda

4. Benn The Pig

Yeah clutch recall is done I think I'll call them today, cheers gents!

5. JM1

JM1 Active Member

6. Benn The Pig