Rearsets

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by daveyboy, Mar 3, 2012.

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Active Member

Hello guys, looking for your opinions please.
    I am in a position to buy either the Gilles VCR or the Rizoma rearsets for the RR5.
    Problem is I am really struggling to decide on which one!
    The Gilles will be plain black or with the gold inners, they look great but I also like the plain black Rizomas with silver pegs.

Help!,

2. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

Rizoma all day no question about it apart from the fact I prefer them the quality for me is so much better and they are better made, mite sturdy!

Plus they are less common!

• Like Like x 2
  3. daveyboy

daveyboy Active Member

Thanks Ben, kinda had the same thought with the Rizoma's. They do look kinda cool.

4. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Having just bought the rizoma rearsets I've got to vouch for them. The build quality and finish is amazing. You won't be disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Benn The Pig

I have had both I found the bolts on the Gilles like chocolate and the design of the adjustment is just to fiddly!

I wouldn't buy em again unless they were a proper bargain!

Oh and the stainless foot pegs are better IMO as the black anodised ones wear and look tatty after a bit!

6. Dave-uk

Dave-uk Active Member

Davey, I have the VCR's, there ok, my biggest gripe is the bolt that adjusts the position of the heal peg, the single pinch bolt that is above the number 2 on the rearset in the picture. Well no matter how tight, and i locktite it to, the position of the heal peg still moves, and when it does it adjusts the brake switch, so the brake light is always on or not working

I personally wouldn’t buy them again because of this.:D

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      194.4 KB
      Views:
  7. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Hi Daveyboy. You may have a problem getting rizoma rearsets. I asked about some for my 06 and was told that they no longer make them. They even contacted rizoma and rizoma said they were only making for 08 plus blades and did not have any stock for the earlier models.

It is possible I was given the wrong information, and there may be some hanging around in a stock room somewhere but I desperately tried to get some and to date have had no luck. There are many other options, I believe there is a thread on here somewhere about which rearsets.

I am currently after some pro-machs and am awaiting a response from them as to whether they are still available.

8. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Some other options - Arata ,K Factory, Agras, Team Adachi, Robby Moto, TWR , Moriwaki, Babyface, Tagu Taguchi ,Beams, Nao, Accosatto, Promach, PP Tuning, accasoto, sato racing to name a few.

#8 exfire, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  9. Dave-uk

Dave-uk Active Member

10. Benn The Pig

That's exactly what I was on about

Annoyinell

11. stevebetts

stevebetts Well-Known Member

Do you torque the bolt Dave?
    I was amazed at how tight you have to torque it to. I did it by hand to what I thought was tight, but it was nothing like when i got the torque wrench on it.
    I have had two sets of Gilles and haven't had a problem with "cheese" screws or bolts.

12. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Try SES rearsets, well priced made in the UK so easy for spares and a nice looking product :)

13. daveyboy

daveyboy Active Member

Gutted to say the least, Exfire is right, looks like they have discontinued on the R4 and 5!

Don't really want to go for Gilles, the SES and the pptuning look ok, how difficult is it to fit the rear brake pressure switch?
    Does anyone have some SES fitted and what are your thoughts on them?

Cheers!

14. Dave-uk

Dave-uk Active Member

15. daveyboy

daveyboy Active Member

Dave, waiting for an email from them, fingers crossed.
    If not I'm gutted!
    Looks like the SES ones are looking like the alternative.

16. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I'm going to get some but looking at the R&G's as I can prob get a good price. what are they like for their rearsets?

17. Dave-uk

Dave-uk Active Member

Fingers crossed for you Davey :D

18. daveyboy

daveyboy Active Member

Thanks Dave, I think I might just have poxily managed it;)
    Might cost me about £60 in shipping but who gives a fcuk!
    Really set my heart on these so one more call tomorrow should do it.
    I will have everything that can be possibly crossed tonight!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dave-uk

Dave-uk Active Member

Fingers crossed for you too.
    When you talk to them tell them they have been highly recommended of this forum, and that you'll give them positive comments. Then ask them to wave or go halves on the shipping, and also ask them to write "gift" on the customs form and value under $30.

Jo (Hobey600) worked her charmes when she bought her Arai IOM TT lid, when she saw mine she "needed" one too, only place that had her size was Ram cycles in the USA, after chatting a guy called Paris up, she got the lid for $700 (yes dollors) a free dark visor, 4 tee shirts and shipped it for free, oh and he did the deed on the customs form lol

Good luck Davey

20. daveyboy

daveyboy Active Member

Well Dave, order placed with MotovationUSA, they confirmed they had a set in stock, last one and shipping will take 5-7 days. I'm sweating like a fat lad in a cake shop!!
    They said thay can do something on the duty as well and I will post up a good write-up once thay have arrived in blighty, safe and sound.
    Fingers still crossed ................alot! Havn't told the missus yet either................that will be a belting conversation haha!

• Like Like x 1