Recording IPTV

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Barstewardsquad, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

So I just told Sky to cancel my subscription as it was now nearly £60pm for nothing special, and we seem to spend more time watching Netflix and Amazon Prime these says.

One thing I want though is the ability to record and pause IPTV and wanted to see if anyone can point me in the right direction. I currently have a Fire TV stick and. Fire TV box, but am happy to get another gadget if needed. Not worried about storage as I seem to have an embarrassing amount if usb hard drives/pen drives around the house.

2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Not a problem to pause with streaming the likes of Netflix and Prime, but more difficult to do with live streams unless there is a box that works like a PVR with a built in HDD. Normally I would suggest a TV with a HDD recording function, which most have nowadays, but even then they can only pause & record from their built in tuners and not from external sources.
    There's plenty of screen video recording software out there if you watch live streams on your PC though. Might be worth checking if the IPTV app is available for your PC and just run a screen recorder in the background.

3. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

It's more so I can pause/record EuroSport etc. Netflix and Amazon are fine.

4. Muffking

Muffking God Like

• Thanks Thanks x 1