Red Bull or Monster?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by PauloHRC, Aug 12, 2018.

1. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

So with Red bull's sponsorship deal with Repsol Honda expiring at the end of this season and with the incoming Lorenzo and his personal and long time sponsorship deal with Monster energy.......where does that leave the two brands fighting for space on both fairing and helmet advertising space??

The two brands cannot co exist within a team sponsor surely and although team riders can have different personal sponsors for example Dovi and Red bull and Lorenzo and Monster, (Ducati team not having a drinks sponsor) the two brands will almost certainly not share the same fairing space!

So my thoughts on this are that Red Bull will not renew it's sponsorship deal with the HRC team and instead concentrate it's efforts with the ever improving KTM factory team where they will have maximum fairing coverage and not be playing second fiddle to Repsol like they are at the moment on the RCV's.

Monster on the other hand with its Tech 3 yamaha relationship also coming to end will surely be looking at this and with possibly their most famously sponsored rider in Lorenzo heading to Honda, will want a piece of that fairing. Either that or lose Lorenzo to Redbull, and will Marquez be happy to drop his personal sponsors of Redbull (he'll have no choice if they don't renew and Monster move in......somethings gotta give, right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Maybe I am advert blind but I tend to notice Monster rather than Red Bull, maybe it is because the M logo is "easier" to notice than Red Bull.

I don't think Red Bull will want to only be on KTM, after all they are still a developing team and once Smith leaves they will be getting a lot less attention from the British Press/Media.

As long as Honda/Repsol don't have a drink sponsor I would suspect it will be rider based.

Just to throw another option in the mixer (see what I did there ;) ) Carabao seem to be doing lots of sports advertising lately, and with their South East Asia origin may appeal to Honda.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Yes I agree Redbull will want to sponsor another team aside from KTM so it will be interesting to see who that could be if they do sever ties with Honda.

I suppose Honda not having a drinks sponsor at all will solve the issue of the personal sponsorship deals of Marquez and Lorenzo!

I see what you did there @Barstewardsquad ;) but I really can't see Honda taking on the likes of Carabwho? ?!! Never heard of them before you just mentioned them haha! Had to Google it and the logo looks like a skeletal Red bull rip off lol o_O:eek::D

I don't think they stand a chance in an already saturated energy drinks market!

4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Interesting thought process @PauloHRC , and might I respectfully say, a tad surprising from you.;)

I am trapped between both yours and BSS's views because both have high merit. Even though Red Bull is throwing money everywhere, I suspect they will want to maintain MAXIMUM exposure with Repsol Honda, the consequence of which will see Lorenzo - as the new kid on the block - HAVE to toe the line and drop Monster.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Whatever happens @PauloHRC...
    I bet you a pound to a packet of shit you've been sourcing new stickers already for that poor old black bike of yours :rolleyes: :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

That's part of the point I was making though @nigelrb .......Red bull are getting a lot of exposure with Honda and Marquez alway's on our screens, but they are and always will play second fiddle in terms of fairing space as Repsol have had the honour of main team sponsor for the last 20 years!

What ever happens one rider is going to have to change personal sponsor if the team drop, change or keep current sponsor......unless Honda has no drinks sponsor! Hmm interesting;)

I don't see Lorenzo having a problem with it, he changed from Rockstar energy to Monster when Rossi brought the brand to Yamaha. But with Monster and Tech 3 pacting ways they will no doubt be looking to move in at Honda!

• Like Like x 1
  7. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Haha you know me so well @Lozzy .......no drinks sponsors on the bike yet and less of the old!

Anyway I'm covered with helmet drinks brands what ever the outcome is!!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. roboticus

roboticus Active Member

I want to know where red bull get all there money from, every where u go its red bull, they only make a friggin drink, a shit one at that,

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

It's ridiculous isn't it!! Hodgy was saying before about the amount of money it must cost them to run the F1 team ......to the tune of 200 million a year, on top of that they own the red bull ring....obviously! Not to mention all the sponsorship deals!!

I used to drink it by the gallon mixed with vodka in my early days of drinking on the Urmston social scene !:eek::confused:

10. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

11. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Relentless energy - always thought Relentless Suzuki sounded cool.

Relentless Honda Racing - that has got a ring to it !

(bought out by Monster Energy according to the net).

• Like Like x 1
  12. roboticus

roboticus Active Member

don't think you'll be seeing tour de France riders drinking the shit

13. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I don't know. Word is that Lance Armstrong had some rather peculiar brews!!:)

14. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

Lorenzo has to give up "The Monster", it's a part of the deal with Honda.

15. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Interesting........where did you hear that? I've read that Red bull still haven't renewed their contract with Honda as yet so here's where the speculation lies.

16. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

Pure crap..never touch the stuff...but I'm one of those health freaks.

As for the sponsorship, I believe Red Bull stays on the Repsol and Monster focuses their energy on Yamaha as they are the incoming factory team sponsor.

18. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

19. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yeh, that was an excellent report. So much news out there that we miss.

Oh, and by the way Paul, whilst we're on the educative process, the term is 'fell swoop' not the common error of 'foul swoop'. I'm not trying to be a smart ass (well, maybe;)) but this might interest you: https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/at-one-fell-swoop.html

20. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Has Ozzy Man borrowed your cap here Nige?

Screenshot_2018-08-13-10-33-50-1.png

• Funny Funny x 2