Replica Chinese Fairings

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Jcdrum13, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Jcdrum13

Jcdrum13 New Member

Hey guys,

So, my fairings have arrived, made a little vid on you tube, if anyone is interested...... I’m certainly no you tuber, but if your thinking of getting some you can check out mine!!!

• Like Like x 5
  2. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Good job jc, glad your as happy with yours as I was with mine. I can confirm also that the fit is perfect on my tail/seat section and tank cover. Fairings are hopefully going to be fitted this weekend which I imagine will be a bit trickier but all looking good so far!

I don't know why everyone shuns these Chinese fairings......I think they are quality for the price!

• Like Like x 1
  3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Good video, JC.

I have been umming and arring over Chinese fairings and also love the Castrol theme. Only yesterday I was doing the 'Google' thing for both Chinese and UK - with some prices up to 338 quid. Could you post or PM a link or info' of the company you used?

Further, if you did a video of the installation - maybe just in segments rather than a full 'live' fitting, it would prove to be useful to many.

Best wishes for a good fitting session. We eagerly await @PauloHRC to 'debut' his new matte black baby - complete with matte black afro helmet affixed with the obligatory HRC decal.:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Welcome to the Castrol club JC :D

5. dave the rave

dave the rave Active Member

they look good! how much where they mate put a link up when they are on cheers dave

6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Because I'm interested in this, been doing a bit of research. It seems that choice of company might be critical, as this video shows. (Note: The guy waffles on for a while - the nitty-grittys start at 7.44) This makes it all the more important for us to receive feedback from @PauloHRC and @Jcdrum13

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Muffking

Muffking God Like

I listened to most of what he had to say and panels not lining up is one of the more common problems with these fairings, along with them damaging easily if they bend too much. This is the reason I originally went with a respray on a spare set of OEM fairings when I bought my road bike, although I do have a spare Chinese set for my track bike which I bought for when it's time to sell on (not that I plan to any time soon).

Non OEM fairings are now widely available so there must be some good ones out there, so I expect this thread to be very useful when more info comes to light.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

I'm hoping to get the side panels and nose cone on tomorrow then I can update with pics.

I got mine from a company called 'unitedfairings' on ebay. Just search NT injection fairings for cbr 1000 rr and you'll see them. At £242.00 they were the cheapest I could find, maybe because they are matte black. Race colour schemes are slightly dearer. Paint finish is 100% perfect no bubbles etc. Packaging was exceptional and nothing was damaged or scratched. Got heat shield and double bubble screen included too. Took just shy of a week to be delivered, they were with customs longer than it took to travel from China!!

I was going to go for an LCR HONDA kit, Stefan Bradl era, which is a really nice paint job and near perfect to the original. But @nigelrb said it would look like Liberace's love childs bike or something or other due to the ostentatiousness of the colours so opted for something a little less flamboyant......I am going for the winter test look! :D:eek:

#8 PauloHRC, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  9. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Me?

Sarcastic or critical?

I am so shocked. Might as well re-attach the rope:(.

;)

10. Jcdrum13

Jcdrum13 New Member

1832B3BE-7BE8-4762-884F-1079DD5F542F.jpeg 1832B3BE-7BE8-4762-884F-1079DD5F542F.jpeg
    Thank you PauloHRC

Can’t agree more, I’m well impressed. Fairings off today, that was fiddly enough, I think putting the OE ones back on would be tricky enough, tbh, I can’t see the Chinese ones be much more difficult as everything has been fitting together quite nicely!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jcdrum13

Jcdrum13 New Member

Thank you Nigel!!!

Yeah I did mucho research, found https://www.gomototrip.com/ a pretty awesome site some great kits on here, inc a fluro Repsol kit, that I was so close to getting, but went eBay in the end!! https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/152859249860

Yep I hear ya....I am missing the missus tomorrow, and that extra pair of hands are invaluable.....not to mention the brews on tap!! I think it’s gonna be a right arse on my own, but I’ll soldier on!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jcdrum13

Jcdrum13 New Member

Yep I can concur.....24 hrs from Hong Kong!!! Ace.......12 days in customs!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Alan-lee

Alan-lee Active Member

Looking forward to seeing the progress!

I watched a lot of videos from American youtubers over the years who bought Chinese fairing kits and they all pretty much said the same, paint was great but fitment wasn’t!

In the end they all said cable ties are your friend.. lol few little inconspicuous holes drilled and some colour matching cable ties and jobs a good’n!

Looking forward to seeing it finished! Wouldn’t mind a set for my 600 now that she’ll be the track sl**

14. raphael

raphael Elite Member

Just to add another name to the mix really, I used a company called auctmarts and found them to be very good, didn’t have to drill out any holes and it lined up spot on, communication was very good also.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Jcdrum13

Jcdrum13 New Member

Hey Alan,

Tbh, it’s all looking pretty good, but will only know for sure, when fitting, which I’m gonna do today so, fingers crossed!!,

16. Jcdrum13

Jcdrum13 New Member

Hey raphael,

Yes, Auctmarts do look good, they were high up on my list.

Your bike looks amazing....looks stock!!!..good job!!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

Just to chip in with my experiences with chinese fairings:

- they don't flex nearly as well as OEM... flex is important for fitting the tail section on an RR4-7, for example... I warmed them up on a heater before fitting and that made all the difference

- they don't have niceties like the padded / protected sections that OEM have... I fitted top-quality heat-reflective tape along the insides of the belly pan sections, and anywhere that goes near the exhaust... haven't have any distortion of discolouration of the paint

- the fit is generally good, but often slightly too far out for the flimsy OEM plastic clips to hold... I found replacing these with rubber well nuts allowed for a stronger fixing, whilst still providing a bit of flex

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

I notice your head lights are still attached to the bike......I've watched a video where the guy took the front nose cone/fairing off and the lights came off with it. Was it easy to do it the way you have? Certainly looks it!

• Like Like x 1
  19. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

My kit and I'm presuming jc's did as well, came with a large sheet of heat shield included! I'm going to use small pieces of this heat shield in places where there is foam pads on the oem bodywork and obviously large pieces for actual heat protection areas. Unfortunately I've not made any progress with mine this weekend but hopefully get stuck into it this week.....got two weeks before my track day!:)

What size well nuts did you use Gappy? Might get some just in case! ;)

Attached Files:

#19 PauloHRC, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  20. roboticus

roboticus Active Member

where u doing your track day, oulton park? I'm thinking of doing one 2 or 3 weeks