Rubbing/warped brake disc

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Jess, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Jess

Jess New Member

Hey guys. I have a rr6 and when I'm pushing the bike the front brake seems to grind at a certain point in the rotation. Im assuming this means I have a warped disk? Is there any way to check and would people change both discs, or just the one?

2. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Might be the buttons have seized get yourself an 8mm flange bolt and nut and free the buttons first then see if you still have the same problem after!

It's just a case of nipping the bolt and nut onto the button then turn with a spanner or socket and squirt brake cleaner onto the buttons

Plenty of videos on you tube how to do it

If it doesn't help it's a case of seeing if the disc's have more than 0.3mm runout using an dial indicator

Always replace discs as a pair! Not worth just doing one

3. Jess

Jess New Member

Thanks I'll look into it :)

4. Jess

Jess New Member

Just checked my buttons and they appear to be completely stiff. In the video on YouTube the gut can rotate with his fingers. Guessing plenty of cleaning should free them uo to that level and maybe fix the issue?

5. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Once you eliminate the buttons not moving you might find that the discs isnt warped! Start with those first and if that doesn't work then check the runout, simple process of elimination