Sat Nav Mounting

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by BladeHRC, Jul 21, 2011.

1. BladeHRC

BladeHRC Active Member

Bit lame this.... but I was wandering if anyone has fitted a sat nav like the tomtom rider to their 08- blade? Just wandering if anyones got any photos? Is it possible to mount a sat nav without obscuring the clocks but without having it right under yer chin!!!?

2. Moily

Moily Active Member

I got one of these to mount my Zumo onto my RR8:

The Telferizer Custom Motorcycle RAM mounts for GPS Systems

It's made by a bloke up Manchester way and slots in to the gap in the middle of the headstock without needing any tools. The RAM mount bracket that comes with the Zumo then clamps straight onto it. The clocks are totally unobscured and you can remove the mount at any time (although I leave it in even when I don't use the satnav as it's small and unobtrusive).

Cheap, well-made, and works wonders. Superb bit of kit.

3. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Do you have an iphone by chance mate? I have the tomtom app and i puy in the postcode , pop my headphones in , phone in pocket and it tells me where to go.

Its very good under 80mph but over a tone it gets a bit confused lol

4. Si.

Si. God Like

Same here, apart from I use a scala g4 that connects by bluetooth to the iPhone, and the directions come by wirelessly. Also, I can listen to tunes and talk to mates on ride outs who also have scala g4s and take and make calls through it. And get alerted to some nice strumpet on the way.

5. dan.1moore1

Sounds good mate.. Do you have trouble with the earphones ? The standerd 1's kept falling out and digging in my head so i bought the apple in ear 1's but still they slip oiut of my ears and it gets painfull coz my helmet is so tight.

Im seriously thinking about getting some moulded earphons but they aint cheap. Just wonderd if youve had better luck with a third party pair you would recommend?

6. Si.

Si. God Like

The earphones are built into the helmet mate... All wireless. They are helmet speakers.

7. dan.1moore1

Just checking the scala out now... looks like i need to put 1 on my wish list lol

8. BladeHRC

BladeHRC Active Member

I had a scala with my tomtom rider v2 and thought it was ace... defo on my wish list. Just wanted to make double sure that a tomtom will fit fairly well 1st. I dont have an iphone (unfortunately)... I went for a Sony Ericcsson Xperia X10 which has been rubbish in every way!

9. dazza

dazza Active Member

10. bry641

bry641 Active Member

gonna highjack this thread....................has anybody mounted an iphone 4 to an 05 blade, and using what bits..........ive looked high and low and im at a loss.............

11. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

You can get generic phone/sat nav holders, you can get tank bags with holders built in my hein gerick one has it built in the options are endless

• Like Like x 1
  12. bry641

bry641 Active Member

but has anybody mounted iphone 4 to clutch or brake...........cant mount to stem cause hesd is in the way.....want it cause i have the mcn logger app, plus sat nav or camera........dont really want to use tankbag everytime i want to mount phone......

13. Si.

Si. God Like

#13 Si., Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  14. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

Fireblade 2011 with TomTomRider

Fireblade 2011 with TomTomRider

www.telfrizer.com

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Smiler

Smiler Active Member

Did this a few month back
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bought most the bits of fleabay, made the plug from nylon tube

16. bluekontakt2004

bluekontakt2004 Active Member

Not sure if its the same on lated modles but i mounted mine on my rr4&rr5 on the hesd.

[​IMG]

just secured with that dual lock tape stuff.

17. Si.

Si. God Like

18. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

[​IMG][/QUOTE]
    It looks great but can you really see that when your travelling, in sunny daylight? or do you need the earpiece

19. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Givi do a tidy little quick release tank bag which displays an I phone or small Tom Tom... And holds passport, wallet, whatever else you want....

Problem with I phone is abroad you'll get hammered for data roaming, home you'll kill the battery or loose 3G! (I phones are amazing by the way)

Tried a map and sense of adventure boys??? The best biking roads map have given me nothing but smiles!

20. bluekontakt2004

bluekontakt2004 Active Member

My garmin zumo gives me nothing but smiles. Programme the route at home on the pc then all you got to do is enjoy the ride and glance at the screen every now and then.

I have been known to be having so much fun down a road that i didnt know and shoot past my turning. Only to realise 5 miles down the road I should have turned left lol.

• Like Like x 1