Scottoiler V System Sport

Discussion in 'SportsBikeShop.co.uk' started by Repsol Ron, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Repsol Ron

Repsol Ron New Member

Having just wasted a couple of hours of my life cleaning, drying and lubing my chain I want to sort a Scottoiler for my 2015 Blade. I fitted a V System and Dual Injector to my Daytona 650 as soon as I got it four years ago and never had to look at the chain again. However, the space available under the rear seat of the CBR is decidedly limited. I reckon you could shoehorn a standard V System reservoir in ....... if you’re a gynaecologist, but not with my sausage fingers.

However, whilst a solution is available, me thinks Sportsbikeshop are missing a trick in their offered stock of said Scottoilers. They do standard ones, touring ones, off road and dedicated ones for KTM’s, Ducati, etc.

So why don’t they stock the Sport version? It’s the same V System Reservoir, but 2” shorter - ideal for the discerning CBR1000 (and probably many other sports bike) riders. I know I can purchase one direct from Scottoiler or off the Amazon, etc but I like to buy stuff like this whenever possible from Sportsbikeshop. Their customer service is second to none, prices as reasonable and its good to support the independent traders.

2. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Tried asking if they can order one for you?

3. Repsol Ron

Repsol Ron New Member

I made enquiries but was told they don’t sell them and there was no offer to source one. Was hoping they’d see this thread and have a rethink. As I said, the sport version would lend itself to a lot of bikes (not just CBR’s), as space for mounting them on newer bikes is such a premium.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Repsol Ron

Repsol Ron New Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. nigelrb

nigelrb Active Member

Cleaning time is never 'wasted'.

It is an investment in our future enjoyment! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Repsol Ron

Repsol Ron New Member

Nigel - I would normally agree but the chain is the exception to the rule ;) - more good news Sportsbikeshop have just done a price match so its now £12 cheaper on their site as standard. I do love those guys :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Repsol Ron

Repsol Ron New Member

I have ordered a V System Sport and Dual Injector - once fitted I’ll post some photos so you can get a better idea on how the shorter reservoir fits under the seat etc