Second Bike Options

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Marc, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Coda

Coda Member

No, I was just joking. Tho I can't think of any decent bikes which aren't Hondas.... :D

2. Marc

Marc Active Member

No, doesn't have to be Honda. Think I'm conscious that the bike I buy will be 20+ years old and I want something I can ride in all weathers and not worry too much that if I fail to clean it immediately after a ride it won't turn to dust the following day. Having had two 90's Honda's in the past (NC30 and VFR750) I know that Honda's build quality from that period was spot on, paint seemed to be just a bit thicker than any other manufacturer. I did also have a Thundercat though for a few years and that held up well to all year riding so I won't be completely blinkered.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Coda

Coda Member

I've had mostly Hondas but my two Yamahas were a lot of fun (1978 DT100 and 1990 FZR400). I wanted a Thundercat back in the day, mostly because of the cool name I would even consider one now, or maybe a Thunder Ace.

4. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

I think the most obvious choice you’ve missed my friend is, trade the wife, they are far more expensive to run than a years worth of beer and a couple of bikes, so ultimately do the man maths, trade the wife and then you can have 3, 4 or more bikes and not stop drinking, happy days all round.

We’re all the same, the obvious answer is just staring us in the face but we can’t always see it ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Marc

Marc Active Member

I'll look into it but the potential divorce costs concern me. That and the fact she'd fit panniers, handlebar muffs and a sidecar to the Blade, just to spite me, not sure I could face it :eek:

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Coda

Coda Member

That is some serious War of the Roses shit right there. Don't let her lock you in the sauna.

• Funny Funny x 1