Shido LTZ10S CNT Lithium Battery

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing' started by Lock, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Lock

Lock Active Member

Bought on a whim back in February a Shido LTZ10S CNT Lithium battery for the blade as was having a starting issue. Turned out not to be the battery and therefore decided to stick with the YUASA one that was already on there.

The lithium is stupidly light and being the CNT version connects via Bluetooth to phone app - so shows charging rates, power in each cell and any alarm events (over or under charge). Came with a 3 year warranty too (can supply original receipts and details). Paid £138 for it - yeah i'm crazy i know, but if anyone is interested would let it go for £90 plus postage (or local pickup from Hertfordshire). Is boxed as new in excellent condition. Might Fleebay it if nobody here wants it (or put this light thing back on the bike and not feel guilty eating another 10 burgers and putting on some weight!)

2. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

are you able to give me the actual battery size (if you have still got it)?
    thanks

3. Lock

Lock Active Member

4. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

thanks
    I know some manufacturers' batteries and prodive padding to make it the right size.
    In your case, are the dimensions those of the actual battery?

5. Lock

Lock Active Member

Dimensions are actual size of battery, no packing or wedges. Is a standard size battery, same as the Yuasa YTZ10-s

6. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

Thank you. Answered my long standing question about going higher capacity if the size is small.
    Good luck with the sale

7. dgr

dgr Active Member

I'd keep it and use it if I were you. I was having problems with the standard Yuasa YTZ10-s, it left me stranded at a petrol station when it wouldn't start from warm, so switched to a Lithium battery. I think is starts better from cold and defintely much better on warm starts.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Lock

Lock Active Member

May well keep it, can't even use it as a doorstop though - too bloody lite!! Just keep it topped up, the lead acid might fail in another 5 years or so!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Dave dunlop

Dave dunlop Elite Member

I’d be interested at the right price, Calsport are now retailing brand new ones discounted for £97 delivered, SHIDO LTZ10 LS

It’s still a secondhand battery regardless of it’s little use and remaining warranty. I’ve recently sold my SHIDO one from my Ducati 959 with a year and a half’s warranty remaining and very little use. Boxed with receipt of purchase and unmarked for £65!

I’d be interested at £75 with some postage if you want it shifted? …. I kept my old one kicking around for 6 months before finally thinking it’s better off gone than collecting dust…. Or used as a paper weight :cool: just saying……