Sigma Clutch Fitting

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by garyauk, Mar 6, 2016.

1. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

I'm after some advice if anybody can help.
    I'm trying to fit a Sigma slipper clutch to my cbr600rr track bike, and I am confused about the washer fitment
    I have originally taken off and larger flat washer followed by a thicker smaller washer with writing on it.
    I have been supplied with a new nut, octopus spring and a concave washer.
    The instructions are confusing as they tell you to fit the supplied larger washer and not to fit the smaller washer with writing on it. Then in the last statement it says to fit the "original" large washer

So do I leave both the original washers off and only fit the supplied concave washer?

Any help will be appreciated guys

1. Put the clutch centre on the shaft ensuring at all times that all the balls remain in the bottom of their grooves. Put the supplied large washer on the shaft next. Do NOT fit the small washer (A)
    2. Place the ‘octopus’ spring over the end of the gearbox shaft with its ‘feet’ pressing down into the machined grooves between the pillars in the centre of the clutch. Loctite (Loctite No. 620) the Gold nut onto the top of the assembly at the torque settings (127 Nm) while holding the unit with a Clutch holding tool (B).

3. For the avoidance of doubt the order of the parts, starting from the clutch centre is original large washer; octopus spring and finally (loctited) the gold nut. IMPORTANT, the large washer acts as a travel limiter for the clutch lift mechanism. It must be on the shaft immediately next to the clutch centre.