Silicon Hoses Recommendations

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Jae, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Jae

Jae Active Member

Hi all,

For those who are running after market hoses, are you able to let me know what your thoughts are after installation. Aside from bling being a factor, were there much changes in temperatures during idle/running?

Brands I've been looking at are Samco and AS3 Performance. Then there's your cheaper stuff like G-Plus and no brand. Any input is welcome, cheers!

2. ray

ray Well-Known Member

I have the Samco set on my 2007 model and the bike does run slightly cooler.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Odium-fr

Odium-fr Active Member

Hi, I've got GPlus on my 2010, fitted this winter so I haven't enough experience to talk about performances...
    But I think performances are not better than OEM one, because, unlike the Samcos, you keep the plastic links, so you will have the same flow, which will be limited by these pieces.
    About the quality, I think it is pretty good. Hoses fit well, it was not difficult to mount the kit. BUT, you must not use the clamps sold with the kit. They are very poor designed, the holes may damage the hoses while tightening. I choosed to use the samco clamps kit, which cost about 30L shipped.

So, for performance, go for Samco
    For bling, go for GPlus ;)

4. Jae

Jae Active Member

Thanks for the reply all. I'm just doing a bit more research and will decide hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

5. KPH

KPH Active Member

I use Samco hoses on mine, together with the 'samco' hose clips - no complaints (they can be found cheaper from on-line shops) The claims are they help flow, due to not having t-pieces etc. I didn't notice any difference, but then I guess I didn't really have before and after records.

If you sign up to their Emailing list, they often sent 10% off offers.

Some photos of the hoses installed:

CBR Radiator Overflow Tubes  03.jpg

CBR Radiator Overflow Tubes  06.jpg

CBR Radiator Overflow Tubes  07.jpg

6. Odium-fr

Odium-fr Active Member

Nice piece of kit KPH.

With cheaphoses you don't have the thin one that go to the rad plug etc... One info to know.

7. KPH

KPH Active Member

I should mention that the small diameter hose is not part of the kit and was bought separately to route to and from the 'HRC' bottles at the front (the standard radiator overflow was removed)

8. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Good move. You'\re obviously wise enough to know that 'HRC' bottles give you the edge over Tupperware and any other 'common' plasticware. Has to be worth 5bhp!:):)

9. KPH

KPH Active Member

Exactly!! When I first saw them, they were pointed out by a guy at the track who was proud of his HRC parts and I had to contain my giggles.... then about a year later found myself needing them. lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jae

Jae Active Member

Looks great. Thanks for info and pics KPH :)

11. lardytkd

lardytkd Active Member

I've got the G-Plus kit on my 2006. I was a bit dubious at first and did a shed load of research on them. I picked the G-PLUS as I couldn't justify paying nearly £200 on hoses.

The pipes are easy to install, quality is spot on. There are a few pipes that I've not fitted but that's down to my hands being too big big to get to places. As someone said earlier, don't use the clamps that come with the kit. I found this out on research.
    Use the OEM ones that are on there now, unless they're really crappy or break when you remove them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jae

Jae Active Member

Update, I decided to go with the GPLUS. Took about 2.5 weeks to arrive and I must say I'm really impress with the quality -not flimsy or over-stiff. Can't wait to get them fitted and see some colour on the bike. Not too fond of the logo so might try find a way to rub it off. I'm also curious to see if there's a slight temperature difference from oem hoses, but I don't think it'd be much. I'll try do some testing with similiar conditions and see what results we get. It even comes with a postcard :p

IMG_8924.JPG IMG_8925.JPG IMG_8926.JPG IMG_8927.JPG

Thanks for the heads up lardytkd, I was thinking of getting some better clamps than the ones that came with the package, oem should be fine.

13. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Good purchase, Jae. Seeing them laid out like that makes me realise that there's more hoses in our bikes than I would have believed.

Will be interested in your later report about any temperature difference. :)

14. Odium-fr

Odium-fr Active Member

I made about 1000km since installed these hoses last winter, with no problems !

I didn't really see any temperature difference. The flow is still restricted by the platic Y pieces, unlike samco hoses.

15. lardytkd

lardytkd Active Member

Had mine on for a while now, temperature wise I can see a difference. It rarely gets above 93. With the oem hoses on, I was seeing about 105.

16. Jae

Jae Active Member

Finally got to install these. Will see how temperatures sit during idle/rolling in the next couple of weeks.

. IMG_0680.JPG IMG_0689.JPG IMG_0690.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  17. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Won't be seeing too much of those once the fairing's back on!:)

18. Jae

Jae Active Member

I know! I'm happy just seeing glimpses of it, plus it just adds a bit of colour to the bike :)

• Like Like x 1