Spain 2022

Discussion in 'Touring' started by edderby, Apr 18, 2021.

1. edderby

edderby Active Member

Brittany Ferries just opened up bookings for Summer 2022 ferries to Spain and France - have already booked myself a 3 week Spain trip in Aug/Sep (same 3 weeks as this year's trip)!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Sounds good - almost unbelievable at the moment - to be free again !

Got your new passport yet ?

Mine expired during lockdown and I didn't even notice !

Got one of the new dark blue - almost black - jobbies. Made sure to have the passport photo done with lockdown hair style before it was cut - classic :D

What bike will you be taking on your trip ? still the Blade or the Kawi ?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. edderby

edderby Active Member

Thanks Mattie - good reminder, passport is OK for a few years yet, but my driving licence needs renewing early next year.
    I'm taking Kawasaki to Spain - it's a lot easier with its paniers and more relaxed riding position (although the seat is much less comfy than the blade's e-comfort seat).

4. BladeOfGlory

BladeOfGlory Member

Amazing - where are you headed? I love riding in Spain and really going to miss it this year I think!

5. edderby

edderby Active Member

No idea yet, probably a tour around most of the country. In 2019 I stayed in a different place every night which was a bit tiring but I saw a hell of a lot , but in 2021 I am staying in most places for 2 nights to allow for some non-riding days if I get tired and also allows me to catch-up if there are any problems. In 2021 I'm staying in places with things to look at too - Granada, Segovia, Salamanca, Cuenca etc.
    I'll plan 2022 route after I've been on this year's trip, so I can take account of more lessons learned and probably include a week or so in Portugal.

6. bladerunner03

bladerunner03 Active Member

7. edderby

edderby Active Member

8. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

They do seem to go a bit mad with their speed limit signs. Corner approaching - new speed limit - out of the corner speed up again. On the plus side they do have some excellent roads ....