Spare visor for Touring.

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Remal, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Would you take one?

If so any suggestions other than racevisors and the visor shop for a schuberth s1 pro visor?

I was looking at getting a Fog City Hyperoptiks Insert. I have the pinlock ready visor inserts but seems there are no light changing inserts for the schuberth s1 pro

Thoughts. Or just stick with the4 clear visor and inbuilt dark visor?

2. jozefharkins

jozefharkins Active Member

I also need help same

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

right I took my Shuberth S1 pro and no spare visor. I had not bought a new one for the trip and used the same visor I had since last nov. No issues. But I do have the dark visor that flips down so if the worst happened I could just about get away with that

if it's sunny (and your lid does not have the flip dark visor) you will need a dark and clear visor. You don't want to have to travel in the dark with a dark visor. I've done it and not fun. Was legal as I was in my kit car at the time.

So worth taking if you don't have a flip inner visor. If you don't I would not bother taking a spare.

4. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Mate, most def take two.... Even if they are the same tint! When your riding that much for any length of time (usually in big groups) the chances stone cracks or dropping your lid increase...

Know what your going to say, I never drop my lid... Me neither until my first tour and I done it twice!!

Also, not sure what your plans are, but we tend to cover alot of ground so conditions will always change, and you WILL get caught in the saddle late a couple of evenings so the dark and clear option is a must!! I got caught in rain in pyranese which slowed the group down and we were stuck in mountains in wet when the fog came down... Couple lads only had tinted visors and had to follow rear light of bike in front, not the best idea.

Also, the only other essential spare gear are a set of warmer gloves.

5. djmrmagic

djmrmagic Active Member

Yeh I have been away a couple of times, any longer than a day and I take clear and tinted.
    Also take two pair of gloves, in case one pair gets wet

6. Brym

Brym Active Member

I use my tinted as much as possible with a pinlock but I almost always carry my clear one in my bag or around my waist in the visor bag thing just incase I need it. Forget its there as it weighs nowt