Spoilers - WARNING BEFORE YOU POST

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Remal, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

just a heads up for this section but will apply to all area's of the forum

If you are going to inform others in a thread or post about what happened in a race (Moto GP, WSB, BSB, F1 etc...)

Please include a Spoilers notice for all to see

Many people have access to some sort of recording device and may not be able to watch the race live. including myself. So before you post anything about results put a warning up first? As long as it's clear to all.

Failure to do so will result in a possible warning, your post will be removed without warning and if you continue to post then you may get a PM from the Admins or mods. [​IMG]

So please add that Spoiler notice

DO not add who won a race in the title

#1 Remal, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 7
  2. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

Sounds fair and a brilliant idea, means we can still check forums without paranoia.
    ok Im a bit behind on my bike recordings, so Im off to watch Silverstone 1979, just got a feeling that kenny is gonna take this one! ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the reminder Matt. With the BSB and WSB getting down to the vinegar strokes it wouldn't take much to spoil someone's Sunday tea.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

With that bed side manor you could easily get a job in our Human resources department.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Now is that a good thing or bad?

6. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Can I add my two penny worth to this request please.

It's not just the title of the post you need to be careful with, but also the first two or three lines of text. As you are all aware the initial sentences are displayed on the 'New Posts' board so anything you put there is visible to everyone checking the menu page.

Thank you.

7. Freedom of choice

It all depends on if you are working in the HR department or at the mercy of it.

8. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

never used a HR department so have not idea if thats a good or bad thing still

9. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

In my experience, most Human Resource departments are full of people who wouldn't get a job if they had to go through a Human Resource department.

• Like Like x 1
  10. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry if the above post alienated anyone who works in HR, but you're all probably still in a meeting deciding how to stretch tomorrow's work load out 'til going home time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Freedom of choice

It’s a bad thing Matt. Although having said that there was honesty, I will give you that, and no hint of a carrot only the sharp sitty pointy stick. Proper HR people always wrap the burning bag of dog shit on the step in "it’s your birthday" wrapping paper. We have had a treble whammy over the last couple of weeks. Apart from no salary increase for a few years, further stealth reductions in overall packages are been brought in by a reduction in sickness benefits. Bupa for dependants being reduced and a lowering of the cars we can purchase on the scheme dependant on grade. As you would expect the main board are not affected and what a surprise (party poppers if you please) the policy has been enhanced for the great and the good. All wrapped in the bog roll that is “You will be pleased to learn that further investment is being put into the market meaning that ‘most’ jobs should remain firm and our robust business plan for 2012 is working.
    However, AKA Captain Black, has never taken his full car allowance because I neither need or wanted what he was entitled to until now. Fcuk them all. E class sport with all the trimmings has been ordered for January and Bupa claim to sort my back is in motion. Which will cost the mighty XXXXX more then they have saved.

Does that sound like a rant?

12. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Is the pope a nazi?

13. Freedom of choice

But I feel better for it.........

14. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Personally, I'd feel better about the E Sport and the hot and cold running Nuffield nurses blowing you to sleep at night, but each to his own.

15. Freedom of choice

Old mans car I grant you, much prefer the fully loaded big engine C class AMG estate but like I said, its about proving a point.

16. phantom

phantom Active Member

pity bbc dont do this, was going to watch the moto-gp
    on sky and they flashed up the results during the news.
    they give warnings when its football but not moto-gp TW@'s

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

A couple of things:

My wife's in HR, I also too have to work closely with them in my job role. They don't write the policy, allocate salary increases, dictate T&C's they simple ensure employment law is followed and idiot managers and exec's that ain't got a clue what their doing don't land up in an employment tribunal.

Makes me laugh that there's a thread here talking about spoiling someone's tv viewing, potentially banning them from the forum yet it's ok to publicly slate someone's profession.

Who's calling WH smiths and telling them that they better ensure all copies of MCN are pulled from the shelf just in case someone walks in a catches a headline but hasn't had the chance to watch the action?

By the way, Barry Sheene won.

#17 Dave V, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  18. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah, Dave's got a good point and I apologise for my comments. It's easy to shoot the messenger out of malice. I've recently come of the worse from an encounter with the HR department of a major international corporation that's had a massive effect on our future plans so I'm undoubtedly compromised on my outlook.

Sorry Dave.

#18 kpone, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  19. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I can't see the point in putting up a warning about something everyone wants, and pussy foot about when explaining what the result would be if it's broke,. I have had a few PM's over the past year about this notice to be put up by many different people,

No one wants to find out who won a race before they got to watch it

Simple rule and simple results if it does not get followed. and it's not a issue we have had before so hoping we will never get this issue anywho.

The forum is never run with a iron hand and why people including myself love the place and people on here. Also there is a lot of self moderation which is great.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Freedom of choice

Yes I agree. Good point well made. I apologise for my comments and will take my self off to the naughty step. Joking apart. There was no offence meant just a poorly thought out 'mouth engaged before brain' rant not at the profession in general but at the way a certain a person seems to relish the implementation of the rules made by others.

Big head hung in shame sorry mate.