Street Triple 765

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by dainesefreak, Dec 29, 2017.

1. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

Anyone ridden the new Street Triple 7565R or RS?

Considering taking one out for a test ride in the Spring, but heard a few rumblings of repeatedly blown headlight bulbs and rusty gear shift rods, etc, on untreated summer roads. The bike seems to review well enough though and at £10k seems a bit of a bargain.

2. Ian E

Ian E Active Member

A mate has a 765 RS and has done about 3k miles on it since new - no issues at all. I tried it over at the Isle Of Man TT this year - great fun! I keep thinking about swapping my Blade for one.

With Brembo brakes, Ohlins Rear Shock, Quickshifter etc. as standard they make the 2017 Blade etc look VERY expensive (I know its a different market).

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. dainesefreak

Out of everything on the market this is the one I'm really tempted to move away from the world of Blades for. Price and kit wise £10k is a bit of a steal.

Only thing is the RS looks like it's a single seat and lad's only just started going pillion. Although I've heard the R is the better bike for daily use??

4. Dave dunlop

Dave dunlop Elite Member

I rode the 765 RS in the summer. Fantastic bike and couldn't really fault it in anyway! Not sure about longevity over the winter months. Think any bikes going to be prone to corrosion given the salt and wet combinations. ACF50 is your friend and the best way to protect the metal bits! Get out and ride one and I'm sure you will come back with a big grin on your face! in the real world it makes far more sense than out an out full on sports bike:D

• Like Like x 1
  5. dainesefreak

Cheers Dave, think I will do, just a shame the dealers are a bit of a trek.

I used to ride year round so I've got a garage full of half empty ACF50 and Scottolier 365. Stopped riding when the roads get gritted now, got too old and lazy. My only worries really were around the build quality.

About 5 years ago a mate owned a Speed Triple and the thing rusted to death sitting under the bike cover in the back garden over winter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ian E

Ian E Active Member

RS can take pillions - it comes with rear pegs / seat. It also comes with rear seat cowl included (that Honda would charge you £200 for..)

7. dainesefreak

Yeah you're right, I noticed the rear pegs in a photo. Was too lazy to change the post. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. dainesefreak

Just been looking at the Triumph finance offers and they're charging 9.9% APR on either HP or PCP. I would have considered PX'ing and doing a PCP deal for the next 3 years, but that's a bit salty on a new bike. That's almost used car APR territory.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Who are Triumph finance underwriten by? Wonga.com or Bright house

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Ian E

Ian E Active Member

I guess Triumph don't need to offer cheap Finance Deals as the bikes are selling well anyway (unlike Honda with Deposit Contributions, low rates etc.)

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. dainesefreak

There are some 0% finance deals around from Honda at the minute, in fact I've just seen an SP for £3.6k down and £99 per month. If they want to keep incentivising I'll be quite happy for them to carry on. :)

12. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

I am a Triumph man lost count how many I have had but two blades at the moment so no room, I tried the RS looking at it the build quality looked quite good, the ohlins is a cheap unit not ttx, went on a route that I no well and to my surprise I wasn’t blown away can’t really put my finger on it, the older 675r models were great fun wheelies off the throttle and just a mad little thing but this RS was tame and was expecting a bit more power. I don’t think 10k is cheap when for the same money you can get the mt10 and not far off the s1000r and the new blade there is deals out there at 12k ish. From what I have read the non RS is a better bike??

13. dainesefreak

I bought a Matte Black Blade yesterday mate. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

Did you end up trying the RS? I love my matt black blade sure you will also

• Like Like x 1
  15. dainesefreak

They offered me a test ride but were keen for it to be when the weather improved. To be honest, looks wise, it didn't overly float my boat.

The deal on the Blade was time based too. No pressure from the dealer, but it was the last bike they'd got in stock and they were doing it at 2017 pre-price rise prices.

I've just ordered some matte shampoo and detailer. It'll be the first matte scheme I've owned.

16. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

WTF? You mean there's ACTUALLY a special cleaner for matte paint?:confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. dainesefreak

Normal stuff tends to have a lot of wax and fillers which puts a gloss and shine on and fills in the matte texture. I know from the BMW world they mentioned buying specific Matte Shampoo for the frozen paint schemes which is more or less the same thing.

I've just ordered some of this;

Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Auto Wash and Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Detailer.

It was £28 delivered with a discount code from Detailed Clean. Should last me quite a while. Apparently matte's easier to look after, just needs a decent wash.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Very interesting D/F. What you say makes complete sense when it's pointed out about the texture difference.

Just looked at Detailed Clean site. Think I might ditch the Turtle Wax!!:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. dainesefreak

I've used dodo juice for quite a while and it's always done a good job. Used it on the bike and car and it's lasted all year;

https://www.detailedclean.co.uk/was...born-to-be-mild-maintenance-shampoo-250ml-141

Decent price too.