Suzuki gsx 1000 vs cbr1000rr 2014

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Chriscbr, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Chriscbr

Chriscbr Active Member

I used a friends new Suzuki gsx for the weekend and I was surprised how the performance differs. The Suzuki is much superior in the on off throttle. It has three performance modes and felt slightly lighter .My cbr2014 is much more responsive and feels more secure on the road. There is a lot of vibration through the handlebars especially at high revs. I found the seat uncomfortable on rides of 1 1/2 plus. The blade feels so much better although the better throttle response would be desirable. Has anyone else tried the Suzuki ?

2. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Not really comparing like with like are you there?

Now if you were referring to the GSX-R rather than the Sport Touring GSX 1000 then maybe.....

3. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Checkout @lambchops video on YouTube. He did a review of one and I think he rated it.

4. Chriscbr

Chriscbr Active Member

It was a gsx R . It was quick once it got past 6000rpm

5. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Still a very capable and Bullet proof bike and more than up to the task of beating more modern machinery if U can ride well.

6. Chriscbr

Chriscbr Active Member

Absolutely a great bike and if honest as litre bikes go it seemed easier to ride with the better on off throttle response than the blade

7. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

I had a K5 1000. Awesome bit of kit and not as intimidating as I thought it may be
    I tried the L4 and it was a nice bike, easy enough to live with, Brembo brakes were superb and the BP forks were sublime. Thought I had a puncture when I got back on my K5. My 09 Blade is as good though and the throttle response once mapped makes it easier to live with. They've not done much to the Gixer since the K9.