Trackbikes...

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by Yorkshire Tyke, Oct 21, 2013.

1. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

The first and and last bikes look good and ready to go. But the cbr is in Dublin though. Id go for r6.

2. RichC

RichC Active Member

Number 1 for me shame Number 4 is so far away also buyer collects bit of a logistical pain in the ass getting it home.

3. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

Only thing is there's no V5 with it. I've asked if I can view at the weekend and put a deposit down on it. Fingers crossed

• Like Like x 1
  4. RichC

RichC Active Member

Depending on the status you can apply for one. Do any of the racers know if you need a V5 to enter competitions?

5. Yorkshire Tyke

Dunno... ROB???

6. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

I rember having a debate with you YT about 600's lol
    Change of heart mate?

I think you will be better off with one off these to start with mate.......

image.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  7. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Dublin aint such a Blag YT.

We go touring to Southern Ireland every year on the Bikes and always stay in Dublin the last night as it's only a short ride to the Ferry Terminal.

You could easily waz over with a Van check out the Bike etc then depending on Ferry crossing times shoot back.
    Failing that a night in Dublin is ace as it's full of pissed up Chicks on Hen weekends with their boyfriends back at home, which always seems to make that much more 'friendly' shall we say! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Without starting the NO V5 debate.........be very careful and make sure you know its history......one trackday could be your last if you cant prove its yours if the rozzers are present.....
    nice bike though...........but many out there so take your time and don't be sucked in by bling !! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yorkshire Tyke

Yeah you're right rob, the guy has said there is no V5 and the bike has had a new frame and isn't stamped. He said the engine numbers all check out tho. What do ya reckon?

10. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

All I would say to that is checked out with what ? With no V5 what is he checking against....
    I'm not saying he s done anything wrong as it's how he probably bought bike himself... ?
    Has he a receipt for new frame ? Maybe from a contact within bike sport ? From a dealer ? I doubt it as the cost would be expensive ?
    But as I said before if you were ever asked to prove the identity of this bike by the fuzz..... They might have right to confiscate it.... ?

11. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Every bike race built or road had a purchase history..... Yeah right !
    Many nicked bikes end up either as trackers or broken up for track spares..... It's the facts
    We all can be tempted by a super smart blinged up track bike....
    I would nt be parting with 3500 unless I knew its history.... I ve had the argument many times but why would someone not know if bike is a insurance right off ? Dedicated factory track bike from new ??
    Maybe some of the racers on here can tell you what if any certificate is produced if bike is raced from new and never been a road model ?
    Not wanting to wind up anyone about insurance jobs or no V5 s.....

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yorkshire Tyke

I asked if it was previously written off and the guy replied with this:

Dear mtho2349,

Hi. Yes, Friday is fine. No, it was stolen and recovered when the bike was new. It's been a track bike ever since. It was raced in the British superbikes so its legit as they don't let dodgy bikes race.

- leemf74

What guarantees/proof can I ask for to ensure I'm protected rob, or is this a dodgy no go bike?

13. sinewave

sinewave God Like

No Frame number is nothing to be overly wary about YT, a lot of Track Bikes are built from ground up (mine included) with a new frame which never come pre-stamped.
    Receipts are key here, I have the receipt for a new Frame from a main dealer for £850 + VAT

The Rozzers can only nab ya Bike if they can prove it's been nicked so they are really looking for alterations of existing numbers or evidence of them being covered over or removed.
    Having the number location completely blank is not a problem, or shouldn't be.

14. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

If it was stolen and recovered paperwork would still be produced, it wouldn't be a v5 but still paperwork from an insurance company or dealer and the police

15. Yorkshire Tyke

I have asked for any paperwork from insurance/police and receipts for the frame. May go have a look at it on friday, bit of a reccy on the guy aswell. If I'm gonna part with my hard earned cash I wanna be able to turn round and give some proof of ownership or atleast proof that it is not a dodgy bike should I get checked by the 5-0.

16. Jase

Jase Elite Member

Just make sure you have all the relevant paperwork as if the frame and engines numbers don't match up and you don't have a paper trail for the different frame or engine you won't pass scrutineering if you start racing , this was mentioned on the ACU course I did last week. Something to consider when buying your new bike .

17. Yorkshire Tyke

No way! Didn't know that jason cheers, so would I pass if it had engine numbers and a blank frame or not?

18. Jase

Jase Elite Member

If you didn't have paperwork to show where the frame came from then according to the ACU it wouldn't pass there was a bloke at the course who was in that exact position . Lets just say i am sure you could find a missing receipt if you really had to . :D

19. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

Bike needs a frame number to race well with Hottrax anyway they checked my numbers