Tyre Data for the members

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by bluekontakt2004, Mar 6, 2012.

1. bluekontakt2004

bluekontakt2004 Active Member

There is a simmilar thread on another site I use.

Please use 1 post per person, Just update your post as you go.

Please use this thread to tell us your thoughts on any tyres you have used.

Mileage you got from them, The type of riding you used them for, How you felt the tyres performed in dry and wet weather if applicable.

Hopefully if this post gets made a sticky people will be able to find all tyre reviews in one place.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 6
  2. bluekontakt2004

Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa BSB

Rear, Mileage, 4000 miles untill very illegal
    Grips like shit to a blanket in the dry, Have to be very cautious in the wet. I had wheel spin in 3rd gear!! Fitted for a trackday in inters at brands and left them on.

Front, Mileage unkown, Changed early (same time as rear)
    Same thoughts as rear except the spin ups.

Dunlop Roadsmarts

Rear, 5000 miles untill on the wear marker
    Fitted for a touring holiday round scottland. Grip is awesome in wet or dry. When it rained I backed off a little but eventually realised just how much grip these tyres give in the wet and ended up riding full dry road pace everywhere! Rear could possibly last longer. Only lasted 5k because of the highly abrasive roads in the Highlands.

Front, Changed early, 5000 miles about half worn.
    Safe feelings as rear, Very predictable tyres Very confidence inspiring. Posibly the best tyres I have ridden on for all weather use.

Bridgestone BT015's

Rear, Mileage 3300 untill very illegal.
    Dont last and shocking in the wet! Grip is ok in the dry, had a couple of spinups.

Front, Milage unkown, Changed early.
    I just didnt like the feel of it. Just felt wrong. I dont know why, Just did.

Continental contiforce

Rear, 6000
    Ok for a budget tyre, grip is ok'ish. Just go easy. Ok for crap weather as you wont be pushing them. fited as lack of funds and needed a tyre at the end of the season

An update, These tyres are actually ok despite many people slagging them off. barely have 1mm of chicken strip either side of the tyre and havn't broken free yet despite my best efforts. Will put another set on when the crap weather comes at the end of 2012

Front Mileage 6000 about 2/3rds worn.
    Same as rear

Maxxis Supermaxx Sport

Rear, just fitted, 24/03/2010

Front, just fitted, 24/03/2012

#2 bluekontakt2004, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  3. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

What about tyre pressures also. If for example the manufacturers recommend 36fr 42 rear I tend to run 34/40, unless its gonna be cold and wet.

4. bluekontakt2004

I find presures are a personal thing so left them out.

I normally tend to run 34 front and 38 rear on the road. Track days I speak to the tyre guy and get their recomendation and fiddle from that.

5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

great idea and Sticked

Bridgestone BT015's came with blade.
    Rear lasted 1800 road miles. front had some life left but binned for next tyres
    Was not impressed, did not like them and did not last. Much the same I had with BT014 and 016's

Run 34 front 34-36 rear dependent on weather, Warmer then the pressure went down a bit. colder then they went up

Dunlops Sportsmarts.
    2500 miles from rear so far and still lots of tread left. Have been used for 1800 miles touring in 6 days. 1 trackday and the rest road miles.
    Amazed how good these are. bought after great reviews from mags and mates. had not squared off during many miles touring. Only had 100 miles on them before my track day and in 15 degree heat at pembrey in wet and dry felt great. lots of confidence with them when braking hard and coming out of corners.

Run 34 front ,34-36 rear dependent on weather/temp on road
    Was told during trackday after checking temp before and after a session to run 31 front and 29 rear. which got to 34 and 34 rear which felt great and stable on track

Is that what you are thinking?

#5 Remal, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  6. stylo

stylo Active Member

Dunlop D211 GP Racer M(Medium compound)

Nothing else I have tried is better. Totally outperforms the Metzeler Racetec K1/K2s in longevity and grip when the hammers down
    for multiple laps. Wet/Moist its night and day.
    'Nuff said on that.
    I wont give an detailed opinion on feel as each tyre performs according to their rider, just that theres never been
    any sudden surprises or lack of traction. I really push the front and its bloody confidence inspiring.

Run in the A Group and during Club races.
    Cant give mileage as 95% riding is track.

Cold pressures Front 2.1 bar. Rear 1.6 bar.

7. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Michelin pilot power + 2ct

will give feedback on both sets as i could not notice any real difference between them

front: 4000 miles, offers high levels of grip in either wet or dry with no real loss of grip as they started to wear down, ran 34 psi , changed early when the rear needed doing but still with decent tread left, didnt like how little feel these tyres gave so was hard to judge how much grip was available and were quite slow to warm up

rear: 4000 miles, same as the front, gives really good grip in wet and dry and only had the odd slide when pushing quite hard, ran at 38psi , was on the wear marks when changed and again it didnt offer much feedback on how much grip was available and really had to be worked hard to get some real heat into them,

these are really good all round tyres but i wont be fitting them again as i enjoy my sunday blasts too much and i just didnt gel with these in that situation

Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa

Only done 500 miles so far so will give a better review in a few months when they are shot

very good feel and grip so far even though the roads are still dirty and temperatures have not topped 14 degrees, not been caught out in the rain yet so cant give any info there, havent pushed these very hard yet but first impressions of them are really good

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pinkster1000RR

Pinkster1000RR Active Member

Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3

Rear 3500 Miles: Grip is fantastic in the dry and unbeliveable good in the wet. Tended to move around alot after 3000 Miles going over the white lines/cats eyes. I ran the rear at 42 PSI but lowered to 38 PSI after 3000 miles.

Front 3500 Miles: Grip was the same as the rear in wet and dry and never had any moments from the front end. The tyre still had plenty of tread left at 3500 Miles, but changed due to rear being on the legal limit, but front could of done approx 1000 Miles more.... But it did have the wear lip on both sides off centre.

I push the bike quite hard and i'm by no means a super fast rider... But these tyres are fantastic!! as i used these on my CBR600RR.

Jay

• Like Like x 1
  9. Si.

Si. God Like

Metzeler M5 front and rear.

Just had a new m5 rear yesterday on, last one did nearly 6k miles, and if i wasn't going to Italy at the end of May, it would have done at least another 1k miles. Had them since they came out, used them on my Triumph Daytona, same mileage. Very grippy, warm up quickly, good in the wet. I run 36-38 and 40-42 psi.
    Better wear then the pirelli Diablo, Bridgestone BT16 and Dunlops ive had previously.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Merlin

Merlin Active Member

Maxxis Diamonds
    Had these on my last Blade - Very fast warm up times and good amounts of grip in the dry and brilliant amounts of grip in the wet even when hard over.
    I got 6K out of the pair constant use riding doing an 84 mile round trip each day.
    Price wasn't too bad either at £172 for the pair fitted.

11. Flash

Flash New Member

Race-tec 0/1/2 fast road/track days,great fun,huge grip levels.cheeky to ask for longevity too.Never more than 1200 out a rear.
    Bridgestone bt016:-good enough for any road riding managed 2500 European road trip miles no probs. this was my first multi-compound tyre and impressed the hell out of me.
    Bridgestone bt016 pro:-As above but managed 3000 european trip miles.
    Qualifier IIs :-As above but gave me much more confidence in the wet. Has become my new spring/autumn tyre.

12. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

They are the sports touring tyres are they ?

13. Fozza

Fozza New Member

Pirelli Diablo Corsa 2's Front and Rear. Front has done 4000 Miles rear did 3000 Miles see below whoops, never noticed this officer.
    409623_3559210982153_38104494_n.jpg

14. coz

coz New Member

Diablo corsa 3's 1 of the best tyres I've had on the blade, (use it all year round) amazing in the dry very grippy and lots of feedback, very confident building when you start to push it, good levels of grip in the wet, if you ride safely. Think I got about 3k out of them but had to change due to punctures in front & rear

Diablo rosso corsa, super amounts of grip on a warm dry day the bike feels planted and firm, but in the cold and wet they are not nice at all, rear spins up and they get very slippery, front seems to be hit and miss in the cold & wet
    34/40 psi

15. Mike07

Mike07 Active Member

Diablo Rosso Corsa, 50s, 36/42psi I've only done 300mile with them in good warm conditions, It's also a new bike for me, so not pushing too hard yet. I have the Chicken strips off and they feel very solid, taking a little time to warm, but that could be me not pushing hard enough. The 50v55 tipping in thing I can't comment on, I can only say I can't fault them...yet, lets see in the wet. The wet review might be some time it doesn't rain in Whitley Bay.

Okay, I've done 500 more mile and things are going well, in the dry lovely feel and grip, wet is good, they can be forced to break but it's predictable and progressive. You will have to be a brave man to outride these tyres. That said these tyres are in there prime, I will report back when they get worn. I have dropped the pressure two pounds front and back, seem to warm better.

#15 Mike07, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  16. restone

restone Active Member

Qualifier 2 1900 miles of snowdonia roads from the rear and now bald. front unknown as the bike is new to me. Have been getting used to the bike so not pushed as hard as on my buell but got them to the edge only let go due to muck on road. sometimes felt a little vague but I feel that now I've got used to the bike they might be a little bit confidence sapping

17. viper_biker

viper_biker Active Member

First set of Bridgestone R10's -> 600miles
    2nd set of R10's -> 1200miles
    3rd set of R10's -> 1000miles
    Current set of R10's -> Only on and done about 100 miles
    I've also had 016's when I bought the bike and they were OK, but no idea of mileage.
    Diablo Corsa III's ->2800miles, great tyre
    Pirelli Angels -> Like riding on concrete, I think I wore a drain gulley up the middle of my street rather than wear the tyre out, done 3500 miles before fitting the current set of R10's.

Run the R10's at 30f 28r

18. Plake

Plake Active Member

Bridgestone s20's were standard on my 2012 blade. Done 7000 miles and I'm about to fit my third rear (ie 3500 per tyre). Feel is good, grip is fine, quite happy with them.

19. Dec

Dec Active Member

S20's are sublime, but only lasted the summer on my 85hp F800ST

20. Plake

Plake Active Member

Most of my miles were motorway and a large proportion of those in average speed sections. There has to be some payoff :)