Values of special edition 2011 Fireblades

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Sossige, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Sossige

Sossige Active Member

I've seen a lot of 2011 special edition Fireblades (Castrol, HM Plant, TT Legends) still up for sale at the £12k point or near to it.

If I change my Speed Triple for a Fireblade (and not a S1000RR or something else), the earliest I will do it will be next Spring, when obviously the 2012 Fireblade will be available.

I'm particularly fond of the Castrol and TT Legends schemes but the idea of paying £12k for a bike that will no longer be the current model is a little irksome.

What do people think will happen to the values of unsold special editions? Will they fall when the new model comes out or will they continue to be sold at top dollar?

If that's the case, perhaps buying a used bike and getting the bike painted up myself would be more cost effective!

Interested as to what others think....

2. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Personally I don't think they will be worth more when it is time to sell over a standard.

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Den, go for a 2011 model, looks better and save yourself lots of cash. you will notice a huge difference from the Speed triple as I have mate.

4. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

by a 2009/2010 and get it done for a fraction of the price mate...

and go for tt legends. they are mint.

5. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

I saw the castrol I gotta say I love the legends but I was very taken by the castrol it's stunning

6. Villan

Villan Active Member

I was extremely close to buying the Castrol from bournemouth honda, but they wouldnt drop the price to where it needed to be.
    And I cant help thinking that the its a smaller market your pitching to, if and when you come to sell it!

Beautiful scheme though!

7. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

love the castrol scheme for years and was excited when this came out, although it didnt do it for me like the sp colours.... totally agree with you on the resale, but niche market can mean better return for you!? bit of a gamble but i say, just buy the one you want and worry about the extra 500 depreciation later!!

8. Givover

Givover God Like

I have had quite a few race reps ,and in general you don't get any more in resale value it maybe worth considering say a 08/09 brand new blade and having a paint job done ,and remember if you tell the insurance you have a paint mod up goes the premium.

9. JM1

JM1 Active Member

Special editions aren't special unless they come straight from the factory.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sossige

Sossige Active Member

:lalala:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

thats strange, i thought that honda just rounded up all the colours that dont sell well (like the orange and silver ones), send them to dream machine and have them done there!? lol

12. Sossige

Sossige Active Member

I think JM1 is just pulling our chains :)

The problem with factory specials is that they end up not being so "special" when there are so many of them! ;)

Anyway, any chance of getting back onto my original topic? :p :becky:

13. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Honda Grantham have an ex Guy Martin paint job that has been re-painted with a variation on the Repsol colour scheme, 2011 model few nice add on's and they want £14000 for it? Looks nice but I would rather go for a 2012?

If your in the area take a look, I have to say it does look good!

14. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

In the end Den it's your cash get what you want. just got for something u like best. if you want the new model go for it but I prefer the 80-11 model. If I was to go a buy a blade this spring instead of last year I would be going for the old model and save on the cash

15. JM1

JM1 Active Member

I just meant that a shop painting a bike doesn't make it a special edition and doesn't add any value.
    Back to original topic - I don't think these bikes are worth any more than "standard" ones :)

16. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

agreed. I paid the extra as I wanted the repsol colours

17. Sossige

Sossige Active Member

I've not seen the 2012 model in the flesh yet, so I'm having to reserve judgement. Equally, by the time a connections deal might have been struck, who knows - the 2012 model may be cheaper than the old model!

What I was getting at was that with these replica schemes, there may not be any saving at all by buying an 11 plater.

18. JM1

JM1 Active Member

IMO dealers are just chancing it with these inflated prices for "special" 11 models. When the 12s are in stock and on sale, they'll reduce those prices.

19. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

Connections you say..wonder who hooked you up on that golden egg.

20. Sossige

Sossige Active Member

That's what I hope. Equally I can imagine plenty chancing their arms and leaving prices as they are; especially for a zero mile bike.

I was under the impression that Honda will continue the current model when the 2012 bike is out, to use up left over stock of the current model. AFAIK, the sweetner to take an old bike as opposed to a 2012 one would be the continuation of the 0% and sports pack offer. I think I read that in Visordown, but can't be sure....