Ventura luggage + Givi universal mounting plate + Givi top box - anyone done it?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by SpeedoX, Mar 18, 2013.

1. SpeedoX

SpeedoX Active Member

I've got the ventura L-brackets and the sports rack on order and am contemplating the idea of getting a universal Givi mounting plate and fixing one of their top boxes onto it for my trip to Scotland and France as the top box is waterproof (unlike the Ventura bags) and it keeps things safer when left unattanded. Has anyone done it / seen it? What do you think?

2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

If you just want to keep your luggage safe have you tried PacSafe? It's a lockable wire mesh that tightens over your bags to keep them & their contents safe.

[​IMG]

#2 Muffking, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  3. SpeedoX

SpeedoX Active Member

Thanks for the response. No offence please but two padlocks banging a cheap B&Q tool box is not what I would put on a Blade in a million years :)

4. Ian E

Ian E Active Member

Not seen it done. When I fit Ventura stuff I tend to fit the main back facing forward sat on the passenger seat - so the seat is taking the weight - and if I need more room I fit a smaller bag facing back on the rack. I think this is the way Ventura recommend - keeps the weight as central as possible. Doing this, even when fully loaded you can hardly tell the luggage is on.

I know a couple of people who have bought Givi plates for Renntec racks and the racks have cracked at the welds. To be fair I think Renntec have a sticker on their racks saying max 2.5 Kg - which is probably less than the weight of the top box alone (unloaded).

I've not bothered buying the Ventura Waterproof bags - I just pack everything in large plastic bags.

5. Ian E

Ian E Active Member

6. SpeedoX

SpeedoX Active Member

Cheers Ian for the brill response and a nice picture!

7. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Lol. That was the only picture i could find on google :-D

8. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Ian, is that two Ventura bags zipped together?

Is it an Aero and sumat else?

I assume the Bike is a 2011 or earlier judging by the wheels?

9. Ian E

Ian E Active Member

Its a Spada bag on the pillion seat zipped to a Delta bag on the rack. You can use either or both. These are the ones :-

Ventura Spada 51 Litre Motorcycle Bag (Black) | eBay
    Ventura Delta 35 Litre Motorcycle Bag (Black) | eBay

Picture is of my old Blade which is an RR8 model on a 10 Reg (which I've still got).

Still waiting for the Ventura brackets I ordered for 2012 ABS model - hoping they arrive in time for an Isle Of Man trip @ Easter.

Cheers,

Ian.

10. Blade1000man

Blade1000man Member

I've got the Spada. Didn't realise you could zip the Delta to it. Nice.

11. Ian E

Ian E Active Member

No problem, if you look here Motorcycle Luggage & Accessories Online | Tank & Seat Bags, Saddlebags, Panniers | Ventura MCA it says this about weight limit :-

Dold International, the manufacturer of the Ventura Bike-Pack System, lists the recommended maximum weight capacity of 20 lbs for most of the Ventura Racks. There are few that have a lower weight rating. Please contact us with your model and we’ll check for you!

So not really suitable for a top box.

If the bag is over the pillion seat, it rests on the seat and that takes the weight.

12. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Let us know how you get on Ian with the 2012 fitment.

I'm off on Tour in May and will be fitting the Ventura gear to my bike so any feedback prior will be ace!

13. Ian E

Ian E Active Member

Will do, hopefully it will arrive this week.

• Like Like x 1