What's your favourite european track?

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by Blade048, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Blade048

Blade048 Active Member

Definitely want to do my first european trackday next year. Was hoping for some recommendations of circuits to look at. So what are your favourite circuits and what makes them special?

2. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Good question mate.
    I'm on the same boat so will look closely on this thread.

3. scooby

scooby Elite Member

fave not sure,i like them all :)

jerez,awesome track fast flowing,facillites and very close to where you stay (10 mins max)
    Valencia,i love this track,left hander,flat,and the best to watch as you can see all the circuit from the stands,great facillites (they all are tbh),but it's about 30 mins drive,and Valencia centre is fairly manic for driving.
    Almeria,good track,1 gear except for back straight+start finish.very goos café.canteen,but again,40 mins drive from Almeria centre/hotel.
    portimao,poss my fave,very up and down,very fast and technical.starting to show signs of wear now due to lack of money for the upkeep of it,but still 1 to have on the list.again 35-45 mins to get to track from hotel.

doing aragon in april so can report back on that then :)

val de vienne in france is another great track,although a little isolated,but cab drive from the uk in a day,so makes a good weekend trip towing the bike over yourself.

4. scooby

scooby Elite Member

not done knockhill yet so someone else cqan fill you in on that one ;)

5. Blade048

Blade048 Active Member

Ha ha Forgot about knockhill. Guaranteed sunshine all year round I've heard.:cool:

6. Steve C

Steve C Active Member

:p

Not rode on Valencia so cant comment but my favourite is Jerez, just love the place, a real riders track.

Portimao I didn't really get on with, but I heard it grows on you the more you go, Almeria and Cartegena are decent tracks especially for the money.

And of course, Knockhill, well what can I say, its in another league :D

7. Blade048

Blade048 Active Member

I've watched some onboards of Jerez and it does look awesome, especially with it being a WSB and Moto GP venue.

8. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

Portimao....love this track, It really is like a roller coaster. like Scooby said, it is starting to show signs of wear and tear now. But it still puts a smile on your face when you get that perfect lap in

Almeria...This track is a little gem. Facilities are good and has a left hander that will keep you leant right over for about 8 seconds!
    I didn't like it when I first went there, its what I call a Marmite track. You will either love it or hate it. I had a days training with Adrian Coates and he showed me a few tricks of the track. Now I think its great.....I still don't like Marmite though!

Jerez...This is a great track with great facilities. Its wide and fast flowing. The last two right hand corners separate the men from the boys, as they are extremely fast!
    Another bonus is that you can usually stay in the Hotel right behind the track
    On a negative side, Jerez town is about 10 min drive away and its not the best for a night out

9. scooby

scooby Elite Member

if you go into the old part of the town (jerez) there are some really nice bars and restaurants,(been for the last 3yrs and only found these places this time).plus the hotel is very anyway (NL hotel)

• Like Like x 1
  10. abv

abv Active Member

1st Mugello - simply awesome

2nd Portimao

11. Mad Matt

Mad Matt Absolutely Bonkers Mad...

Silverstone is my number 1 European track followed by Oulton;)

12. scooby

scooby Elite Member

which others you comparing them to matt? ;)

13. Mad Matt

Mad Matt Absolutely Bonkers Mad...

To date there the only two I've ever ridden around so sadly i have to go with these two:(

With luck though i should be able to cross many others off the list by the end of the year:)

14. scooby

scooby Elite Member

I know,was only joking.

going to a new track I part of the fun,learning it is always interesting to say the least...

15. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

Croix en Ternois

Anyone heard of this circuit in France?

circuit[1].jpg

Used to go there early 2000, great little track about a mile long. Went with a company called MonsterJockey.com. Being in France and a small track it was extremely laid back but as I recall the last time I went was during a heatwave where the temperatures reached 43 degrees!!
    About 10 of us went over on Thursday, camped at the track and rode on the Friday, then Friday and Saturday evenings were spent in nearby Le Touquet. Great weekend!!
    Just looked at their website and you can still ride the track mid June for about 90 euros, 9.00am to 6.00pm!!
    My avatar pic was taken there on my RRY.

16. N1xxl

N1xxl Member

Jerez, Portimao, Cadwell, Almeria, Donington, Oulton,Cartagena, Anglesey, Snetterton, Croft, Rockie, IOM early before TT practice, Macau walking, Brands, Daytona walking, Hockenheim walking, Assen walking and the 2 non foreign tracks Knockhill and East Fortune.

17. Colonel_Klinck

Colonel_Klinck New Member

Portimao for me. Just love the insane up and down madness of it. Don't discount Cartagena as a cheap option early/late in the year. It's a very technical circuit and a lot of people dislike it on the first morning/day but once you've been shown the line its a very rewarding circuit.

18. scooby

scooby Elite Member

well,as good as Almeria is (and it's not bad) it would prob go bottom on my euro tracks to goto atm.

forgot how tricky it can be (which isn' so much a bad thing),but the lack of run off if you get it wrong,makes for some interupted sessions,and lots of broken bones/bikes when it goes wrong.still,it is a good track,just on the bottom of my list.