Would you do Portimao in October?

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by Blade048, May 9, 2015.

1. Blade048

Blade048 Active Member

After having Portimao recommended by guys on here as a track to add to the 'to do list' I noticed NL are there in mid October. I'm seriously tempted as the circuit looks awesome, just a bit unsure of the weather out there at that time of year. Had a look at average forecasts and temperatures look good although rainfall is higher then. Has anyone been there in October and what did you think? Worth a shot?

2. scooby

scooby Elite Member

porto is alsways a bit of a hit/miss track weather wise that time of year.i've been and it's been blue skies all trip,and I've also been where it's rained a fair bit.i always take my wets when I go there,but the track does dry very quickly,and theres loads of grip in the wet aswell.I wouidn't hesitate going then,or November,but I know some people wont go due to the risk.

hold out till November and come to jerez,theres a few off here going on that trip

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Blade048

Blade048 Active Member

Thanks for the advice Scooby. Jerez is another track I'd like to do as well. Hmmmm decisions decisions:D

4. Jase

Jase Elite Member

Are you sure you might want to phone A friend just to confirm your weather report ;)

As Scooby said get to Jerez there's a gang of us going and weather been good the last 2 years hey Scoobs:D:D

5. scooby

scooby Elite Member

quiet you,i definately remember it raining at porto :D

6. N1xxl

N1xxl Member

Yes to Porto but defo Jerez or Almeria also both in November. Did Jerez last 2 years so going back to Almeria for 4 days 12-15 Nov.

7. scooby

scooby Elite Member

you cant really compare Almeria to portimao or jerez though.almeria is a god track,but no where near on par with the other 2

8. N1xxl

N1xxl Member

No totaly agree i would do it in the order of Jerez Porto then Almeria but this is the end of year outing for our group and unfortunately all things considered this was the best option to suit us all together.

9. Scott

Scott Active Member

Porto in February ?

10. N1xxl

N1xxl Member

Yes but be prepared with wets.

11. Scott

Scott Active Member

Oww :( would u suggest somewhere else plz

12. scooby

scooby Elite Member

only place to almost gauratee dry weather is Almeria at that time of year,but it still does rain there.thisyr FE ran an exclusive event,35 riders for 3 days,open pit lane.it rained for 2 1/2 days.

tbh you'll be unlucky if you get rain at any of the Spanish tracks,but just e aware hat time of year,and late in the yr,it can/does rain.i don't care what jase says :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1