WSBK coverage (No Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by ColinBR, Feb 28, 2016.

1. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Hi guys

Watched some of the WSBK coverage on Eurosport of the Philip Island races.

Anyone else notice how poor the coverage is?

The cameras certainly weren't HD quality and I'm sure there must have been about 3 to cover the entire track. Not impressed at all if this is the way it's going forward

2. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Colin, I didn't even bother watching it. I only follow BSB and MotoGP now. I know you should never live in the past and always look forward, but WSBs is nowhere near where it used to be (1995-2005).

3. RepsolPaul

RepsolPaul Well-Known Member

As doing the house up downstairs, walls down, Rsj's sunk in the ceiling,
    Open planned with all new ceilings, then my dad having a stroke.
    Not done anything for 3 weeks,after freshly plastered, haven't put the new TV up so missing all programmes.
    But got to get it done before MotoGP for sure .

4. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Supersport was good racing and even superbike was better so far, much closer racing than of late, HD seemed ok here, was not SD for sure?

5. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Defo wasn't SD mate. Even the colours of the likes of the Ducatis were almost orange

6. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

Oh dear...... I'm old enough to remember when there was NO bike racing on the telly, now we're whinging about not enough cameras and the colours not being bright enough.

IMHO it was was fantastic racing and good to see more than two or three bikes in the mix.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Didn't say the racing was poor mate.

Just said the actually camera quality was poor. After all it's why we pay the extra £ to get HD TV packages is it not?

8. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

The race cameras are normally a feed controlled by a local to the country tv firm which eurosport and other companies tap into. ITV highlights will be exactly the same coverage.

Expect the race camera quality to be better at other rounds; however, its the best we have :(

9. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

My opinion of the footage is......it was pish in caparision to even the 'race of the season' which has been running all week on Eurosport in the run up to the start of the race weekend, the race of the season just so happened to be race 1 from Phillip island last yr and there were clearly more cameras shooting the action last yr than this yr.

It's almost as if dorna canned all the camera crew and ditched half the camera equipment and then handed out the cameras that were left to the first folk that passed through the gate in order to capture the footage for the various to companies to broadcast!

Is this dorna making sure wsbk is seen to be underneath it's so called flagship MotoGP!

Phillip island could not even manage to show any footage of anyone coming off during the races in the usual forms of replays.......just a shot of the bike getting dragged out of the kitty litter and absolutely no slow motion shots in sight!

10. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

Yeah that annoying me about the crashes! Seems like the camera men are dozing off!

The racing is always good though. Lot better than moto GP. Don't know why they don't get the crowds.

11. Dave

Dave Member

Agree with you James. The actual racing was good though. Hopefully better camera work next round.

12. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

I take back my comments. Just watched it and it was really good. Great to have the bike racing back. Come on Honda.

• Like Like x 1
  13. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Unfortunately dorna have it stitched up with coverage of wsbk and motogp! Any way you watch it you pretty much have to pay if you want to watch live