02 Blade owner

Discussion in 'New Members' started by blade1965, Jul 5, 2014.

1. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Look back to shinysideup and my post earlier mate. It's either in the tank, and can be unbolted and replaced from there or it will be external from the tank. Either way it's an easy fix to replace the seal and your dealer will know exactly where it is.

2. blade1965

blade1965 New Member

Thanks Colin and SPS.

I rode it for about 8 miles before it broke down, felt so light and easy to ride compared to my 888.

I hope the dealer picks up on it.

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum

4. blade1965

blade1965 New Member

Thank you Remal

Liking the forum so far, had a lot of help from members already. Let's just hope my exit isn't quick as my joining. Fingers crossed for the dealers call on Tuesday/Wednesday

5. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

Hi and welcome !

6. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

7. jmatt

jmatt New Member

Welcome to the forum mate.

8. blade1965

blade1965 New Member

Thanks black devil and Jmatt

Not heard from the dealer yet, hopefully tomorrow.

9. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

Welcome to the forum fella

10. blade1965

blade1965 New Member

Mixed pics 165.jpg Mixed pics 165.jpg Thank you all for the warm welcome to the forum, i think i may have to leave the Ducati sites now that i have a Honda as well.

As for the problems with the bike, the diaphragm/seal from the tank to the injectors was perished hence the fuel leaking into the engine. To cut a along story short the bike had about ten litres of fuel in the engine, including the barrels and crank, this had been drained and flushed with oil, the exhaust was also full of unburnt fuel, so the whole lot had to dry out, plus they serviced it while it was there.

Im £599.00 lighter, but at least i didnt damage the engine or hydraulically lock it or bend the valves when it came to a stand still.

Rode it home today, the previous owner had a aftermarket exhaust fitted (carbon can co, i dont like it one bit) and had it jetted, and i kid you not, this thing is bloody fast. I dont know if its cos it has been sparingly used looked after, but im surprised how fast it is, then again i have been riding 20 yr old ducati's (851 & 888) for the past 10 yrs.

Anyway, here are a few pictures, will post more up soon.

Again, thanks you all for yr warm welcome and advice, its greatly appreciated. it has no rear hugger, any suggestions?

Inda

#30 blade1965, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  11. Rdr

Rdr New Member

We want to see the pics ;-)

Welcome - this seems to be a good forum - I've only been on here about a week or so

12. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Very nice bike, I have owned the very same colour myself, 929 and I loved every minute I own it. I moved the seat lock from the rear to between the two seat like the RR2 allowing you to fit a tail tidy. I also fitted RR8 Indicators just to modern it up a little.

You will love that bike I certainly did!

13. blade1965

blade1965 New Member

I absolutely love it, only been riding it since Monday, but its SO nippy and responsive, i dont know exactly what the previous owner had done to the bike, but he just said, 'when i put the exhaust on i had the garage tune it'

Its so responsive and light, so easy to throw around, im very impressed. Will popst some pucs later in the week, just commuting to work and back on it for now, it already needs wash and polish. To be honest its my workhorse at the moment.

14. blade1965

blade1965 New Member

Pics, as promised, i love this bike, only prblem is i park it on the street when im at work in London and im afraid of getting it stolen, am about to post a new thread about trackers as my mates R1 was stolen form outside Westfield's in Shepherds Bush in broad daylight on a Saturday afternoon.

Attached Files: