05 plate with issues!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Matt Baker, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Matt Baker

Matt Baker New Member

So had the bike a little while, took her out, 80 mile in she has started to cough and splutter! Like my old blade running low on fuel, before switching to reserve tank! Every time I took he out 80 mile did the same!
    So full tank she was running like a dream! Then 80 miles same thing!
    I’ve changed the fuel pump now she coughs revs drop at about 6k max speed about a 100! That’s flat out!
    Every gear is same! she revs freely but not under load!
    Anybody around Bedford area willing to lend me there tank? Just want to rule fuel pump out!
    What else can be causing it? No pipes look trapped when I drop tank back onto her!
    Help

2. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Had it sat unused for a long while with fuel in the tank? Sounds like bad fuel, blocked/kinked fuel or vacuum pipes, or @Muffking favourite suggestion of spark plugs. When you open the fuel tank do you hear air rushing in to it?

3. Matt Baker

Matt Baker New Member

No, she has been running fine! Then all of a sudden I get the stutter! I filled he up again, and she ran fine for next 80 miles!
    Was advised it was fuel pump, so I changed it!
    Now standing she revs freely but under load craps out at 6k ish! Every gear!
    So changing pump has also changed problem!
    Would love someone close to swap tank to see if it’s still pump related!
    She is booked into shop but second week of September! im recovering from 6rib, collar bone and lung! Had 3 months without her!
    Need to get back on the road!

4. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Sounds like a pickup problem. I've not had my pump out before, but something is starving the pump when it's hit the reserve. There's no reserve tank on these, so it could just be a blockage towards the bottom section of the pump. Tank range is about 120 miles on a good day, so you'll be down to the last 4-5 litres.

5. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

Hi Matt, if you are a new member, welcome
    I suggest you move your post to the "maintenance" section for a wider audience:)

6. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

Hi and welcome !