06 O2 sensor removal

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Mr_Jones, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Mr_Jones

Mr_Jones New Member

Have just bought an 06 Blade with a Leo Vince slip-on already fitted. I plan to fit a PC and remove the O2 sensor. I understand I also need to fit a sensor blanking plug in the exhaust sensor port and an O2 eliminator into the O2 sensor electrical connector.

What I just wanted to check is there any other restrictions or CAT’s in the exhaust system? I know on certain R1’s you need to replace the link pipe as it’s got a CAT in that. Are the standard link pipes on the 06 Blade straight through and not restricted?

Thanks for your help in advance.

2. Jez

Jez Senior Member

I have a 63 plate with a racefit, all the gubbins were in the end can, cat, exup valve and silencing. I am still not sure about removing O2 sensor and just having one fuel map, I was thinking about the pc autotune but you still have to download the maps onto the bike after it has analysed. I ended up just fitting a set of thermisters with dip switches inline with air temp to richen up, this works in conjunction with the O2 sensor and will correct on straight roads but be rich when accelerating, mine used to hunt a lot on tickover before this. but do bear in mind I am a tight yorkshire man

3. gcon45

gcon45 Active Member

No just the one lambda on an RR-6 downpipe and no cat. Just remember to use a copper washer to prevent leaks when fitting a bung. They’re usually supplied with one anyway.

4. Mr_Jones

Mr_Jones New Member

Excellent, thanks guys, exactly what I need to know.

5. ray

ray Well-Known Member

The Cat on the 06-07 model is part of the downpipes/headers.

I've heard of people smashing the Cat to pieces so they can remove it, but I bought a set of secondhand headers from the US as they didn't have one fitted (apart from California). Not sure if a set from an 04-05 would fit without modifying.

6. okeloon

okeloon Active Member

Popped an Akra slip-in on my RR6 a few months ago. New it would benefit from a PC but haven’t got one yet. Seems to run fine. Idles fine, revs cleanly and pops n bangs on quick upshifts and on the overrun.
    Wasn’t aware of O2 lambda and smashing CAT in headers...
    Should I remove slip on and should I do something I haven’t done already? Bit worried now...

7. Mr_Jones

Mr_Jones New Member

If you’ve just got a slip on muffler, you can still get by with the rest of the system as standard. However, if you fit a PC, you need to disconnect the O2 sensor and plug in an O2 sensor eliminator (£10-£12).

8. ray

ray Well-Known Member

Here is a pic of my standard headers along side the US headers.

[​IMG]

9. Mr_Jones

Mr_Jones New Member

Check out EBay 112136452731

This set of straight through stainless downpipes (no cat or O2 sensor) just cost £105 incl. postage.

E158BC04-83D2-4145-8CE5-C4FE3A07CD24.jpeg

If you remove the O2 sensor you need to fit the eliminator (EBay 142256471813 - £9)

9DF88AA2-7611-424E-A304-9A9C93F3D4C1.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mr_Jones

Mr_Jones New Member

After some investigation I found out that if you are going to fit a Power Commander, then you need to disable the secondary air injection system as it will give the dyno a false reading when tuning it.

With that in mind, I've now completely de-restricted the bike in preparation of fitting the PC 5:

- Removed the secondary air injection system entirely.

IMG_3489.JPG

IMG_3492.JPG

- Removed the airbox intake flapper valve system entirely.

IMG_3490.JPG

IMG_3491.JPG

- Full bore unrestricted exhaust system with Leo Vince race end can. Removed the CAT, O2 sensor (and fitted an O2 eliminator) and exhaust valve.

IMG_3496.JPG

- Fitted K&N airfilters

IMG_3501.JPG

Looking forward to a healthy dyno score!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Special Petey

Special Petey Active Member

Nice Mr Jones

This is what im currently on with however i went for BMC filters the K&N ones get allot of bad reviews and can even make the bike loose power! Are you getting a custom PC map or using one of the ones online?

12. Mr_Jones

Mr_Jones New Member

Currently running a generic online map for full race system but in the spring I’ll take it to Chap at Highland Dyno to get it properly mapped. Looking forward to Spring!

13. Special Petey

Special Petey Active Member

Yep role on spring, thats all ive done ive got a generic map from the power commander website then ill take it for a proper dyno map session early next year