08-11 Complete Fairing/Bodywork

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing' started by PauloHRC, Jan 12, 2019.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

It's a matter of determining whether they're worth more on the bike or on their own. I suspect that when I come to sell the 2011 (not anytime soon though) it will sell fine as a 'Castrol' and won't need the OEMs to act as a purchase incentive or bonus. I would probably get much about the same price regardless of whether I included the OEMs or not.

I'd probably get 250.00 for the set of HRC OEMs but not 250.00 more for the bike, if you see what I mean. Still, only a thought process at the moment.

2. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

If I were in the market for a bike and it had replica fairings on it, my first thought would be 'it's been in a crash' I'd definitely think twice before selling them @nigelrb

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Erm, excuse me. Hasn't your bike got replica fairings on?:D:D;)

4. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Erm no.....mine are genuine OEM with a one off special paint job from new commissioned by an authorised Honda dealer. No further explanation needed.

If you were too sell your bike with your Castrols you'd probably have too explain why the original OEM fairings are not on the bike, while I don't doubt your honesty and integrity.......a potential future buyer could view Chinese fairings as a potential problem, for example......a accident!

Just saying @nigelrb ;):D:eek:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Demmel

Demmel Member

When buying / selling сhinese fairings are always a problem

6. Chukzn17

Chukzn17 Active Member

Im gutted mate ! I woulda snapped these up quick ! Ive always wanted to replicate the winter test bike , and even wrap tank in brushed titanium ! ,
    :(

• Like Like x 1
  7. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Sorry to hear that, but it's the price you pay for absenting yourself from this glory box of information and opportunities.:(

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chukzn17

Chukzn17 Active Member

Where did you get the fairings from ?

9. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Off ebay. ......seller was 'unitedfairings'

10. Chukzn17

Chukzn17 Active Member

Where they decent ? How long was delivery and what was import charge?

11. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Yeah had no complaints at all. Fit was perfect and had no problems with anything breaking while fitting.

Delivery was less than a week, they were in customs longer than they took too arrive in this country. Customs charges were around 30 quid I think. It's goes off the value of the package, not the weight. So the dearer you buy.....the dearer customs will be. I paid around £240 for mine. :)