08 Blade - faulty TPS?

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by lexwon, Mar 16, 2014.

1. lexwon

lexwon Active Member

having an issue with calibrating tps, after reading closed and open maximum what I get is 99%

sometimes I do get error message TPS out of range and I need to calibrate it again.

Does it mean TPS is faulty ? Any ideas? Thanks.

tps.jpg

2. Slick

Slick Elite Member

check you haven't connected to the MAP sensor, you wont be the first....

3. lexwon

lexwon Active Member

I have bought it already fitted. That was done by track electronics but will double check that.

4. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Strange doubt they would fit one incorrectly. IIRC the map sensor reads about 3Vs

5. lexwon

lexwon Active Member

is this value when fully open ?

6. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Actually looking at email correspondence with Dynojet (when I connect to the MAP sensor) my PCV was reading 2V. The MAP voltage should hardly change with throttle position

7. Alblade

Alblade God Like

MAP sensor is atmospheric pressure (think thats what the AP stands for, maybe the M = mean)

The readings for that don't change unless you go mega high up mountains I guess when it needs richer mixture

No idea on TPS values however or how to check them

8. Bloy182

Bloy182 Active Member

Alblade the M means manifold.

Maybe the bazzaz is faulty? I would of thought if you had a faulty TPS then the engine light would have come on

9. racman

racman Active Member

Manifold absolute pressure. That means engine airload requirement at any given speed, rpm or throttle position

10. lexwon

lexwon Active Member

I have contacted bazzaz support and they advised me to check electrical connections to tps and ground connection. Does it sound right ?

11. Bloy182

Bloy182 Active Member

Check all connections as they say, if it's all good then I would say fault is in the bazzaz, because you would of thought a faulty TPS would have been picked up by the onboard diagnostics.

Do you have the latest firmware installed?

12. lexwon

lexwon Active Member

Dunno mate, wasn't aware of flashing bazzaz unit with a new firmware.

Is it available on the website?

13. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

Pretty sure the Tps sensor plug and the Map sensor plugs are what a lot of people get the wrong way round when fitting the likes of the Power commander units as they are in similar engine location and similar plugs which can fit in wrong place.

which is why its usually mentioned pretty quickly to check that first as its easy to mistake them and the PC plugs fit! ;)

Does the bike run ok out on the road?

if so its unlikely the tps would be faulty as the ECU would have a hard time knowing the correct fuel to put in for the current throttle position.

14. Bloy182

Bloy182 Active Member

Go to bazzaz site download new software and the USB connect software for your laptop. Run the install and reboot your laptop then try to reconnect to bazzaz.

the pins in the Bazzaz connectors are notorious for coming out of there socket when plugging them into the factory connector. Check all connectors. if not arrange to send it back to them.

15. lexwon

lexwon Active Member

got the latest z-mapper installed on my laptop. Will check all the connections over the weekend. Thanks.

16. fredaroony

fredaroony Guest

Did you sort this out? Everything is working fine on my bike but I tried the calibration and I'm only getting 98% at full throttle.

17. fredaroony

fredaroony Guest

Came back and checked it again and now it's reading 100%. Must have been something to do with disconnecting it or turning off the bike.

Went for my first real ride with it installed and the quickshifter is great. First time I have ridden with one and it nice when upshifting on leans.

Running a zero map for now until my Z-AFM turns up.