09 track bike

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Lj74, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Lj74

Lj74 New Member

Hi , new to the forum so hello to everyone and sorry for a topic that has probably been covered a lot.
    Bought my first cbr1000 a few months ago , an 09 track bike , firstly I like it a lot and it handles great and is impressively fast , has all the parts you’d expect for a well sorted race/track bike and it was clearly raced as has lockwired parts
    I’ve been to silverstone a couple of times and it was faultless but at donington last week I had a lot of missed gears and it seems 3rd and 4th shifts are the problem
    It has a hm quickshifter on it and I do ride fairly hard as I’ve come from a motocross background where there is little mechanical sympathy.
    Is there anything I can do now to prevent any huge failiure or is it already the case that I have a large bill coming? Also I’m due to go to silverstone again in a week , would disconnecting the shifter and manually shifting work better if anyone has tried when this happens ... and finally , who can I take it too that has expericance in fixing the problem as I expect my local dealer will require the sale of a kidney or something to fix it
    Cheers

2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Hi and welcome.
    Don't worry about the lock wiring, it's pretty common on track bikes, even ones that have never been raced.

Re the shifting, you do have to be pretty bang on so it doesn't select a false neutral and catch you out. I'm not sure if the quick shifter can affect this, but many have fitted a Gilles gear selector to make it a little more sure footed.
    In either case if the box goes tits up then fortunately they are a cassette type, so easy to change.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. aaron

aaron Active Member

What hm shifter is fitted?

4. aaron

aaron Active Member

What hm shifter is fitted