12 day trip round Europe

Discussion in 'Touring' started by wilbert, Jun 15, 2017.

1. wilbert

wilbert Active Member

Well the day is almost upon us when we set off for a 12 day tour. Got all my kit packed and I'm surprised how little I have got away with being quite ruthless on the clothing front and stopping in B&B's / Hotels so no tent etc to lug round. Will be leaving home Friday at 8am making our way down to Dover for the first overnight stop. Saturday will see us get the ferry to Calais then through Belgium, Luxemburg and onto our stop in Germany. Sunday we are heading through the black forest and into Switzerland. Monday its a day on the Swiss passes and into Italy where we are stopping on lake Como for 3 nights. From there its down to the south coast of France for a night before heading to Andorra for another stopover. Got a day on a good route through the Pyrenees into Spain and back into France to the next stop. From there we make our way back to Calais with 2 more stops. Biggest day is 350 miles and shortest is 225. I will post pics as and when I get chance and will do a full report when I get back.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Tonic

Tonic Active Member

Looking forward to the photos, are you doing it on the Blade? We're talking about doing the Black Forest next year, so I've just been out and bought a VFR 800, just fir the one trip.

3. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Enjoy the trip - sounds a long old route but hopefully 2 weeks will be enough.

Area round Andorra good - just watch for the local Spanish Police with their cars setup like banks to extract cash from you -

4. Dogsbody

Dogsbody Active Member

Sounds good. Post some pics

5. wilbert

wilbert Active Member

I will post a report and pics when I get the time. Very busy at the moment. so busy I haven't had time to wash my bike or touch it since getting back nearly 2 weeks ago.