15 plate exhaust headers

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by rosier1uk, Nov 18, 2015.

1. rosier1uk

rosier1uk Active Member

Hi guys
    I have a friend who has a15 plate blade and is looking at options to get rid of the cat now situated in the header pipe but understand the 15 plate blades exhaust has a larger diameter so would some 08 -11 headers fit as has the diameter of the header which connects to the exhaust port changed diameter as well ? If not could you fit these and buy an 08 -11 end can as 15 ones are still very sparse

Thanks in advance

RosieR1

2. iang27

iang27 Active Member

I wondered about this as well because there is much more choice in end cans for the earlier headers.
    I was unsure about the mounting point under the sump as it looked different.
    The 15 headers are not only bigger but they are shorter /longer (cannot remember which)
    As for the port diameter I don't know. I just know they have a balance pipe between the centre cylinders.

• Like Like x 1
  3. And7rp2

And7rp2 Elite Member

found this from the release literature from 2014.........

'At 35mm (from 38mm) the exhaust pipe diameters are smaller, increasing torque and a new for 2014 vertical connecting pipe balances pressure between cylinders two and three. The integral high-absorption catalyser has a larger volume: together with the oxygen sensor, fuelling is constantly tailored for the most efficient combustion mixture'.

not really answering your question but along with some porting these engines produce more at torque @10500rpm 114nm and more power @ 12250rpm 178bhp, than the 2012.
    But the headers are smaller not sure if the holes in the head ie where headers bolt to are smaller too ?
    Also not sure if lambda sensor will fit older headers as the new sensor is in front of the engine and the old one is by the shock linkage.

and to answer iang27 the headers on the 15 are longer because of the added cat, but not by much

#3 And7rp2, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    • Like Like x 1