.17 Fireblade as a daily ride

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Bioni, Jun 11, 2018.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Don't get ahead of yourself, Raph. Lorenzo is THE MAN next year!

This week, Pedrosa will be all-out to stick it to Honda for his (justified) dismissal.;) (and he does well at Catalunya)

• Like Like x 1
  2. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

bioni
    I bought my RR8 back in 2008 as my one & only bike. Within a year, I established that it was not cut out for town riding: suspension too hard and most important the inevitable pain in the clutch wrist.
    I bought 2nd bike in 2009 which is a single, almost naked light adventure bike; the exact opposite and softened the suspension on my CBR
    I deffinitelly get much more wind protection on my CBR and in cold weather, I can wear one layer less.

The new CBR is slightly smaller than RR8 so watch out for wind protection and cold weather riding.
    Depending on your physics, you may not have a wrist issue
    Depending on where you live, you may be blessed with above average road surface or unfotunately like me roads with deep deep pothole and tall tall bumps. So check the suspension comfort.
    I really don't see the point of a naked bike in this country as an everyday bike and would not go below half naked one (wind/ weather protection, turbulance)

And although pointless to have (IMO) 190hp engine on a road bike, you will never get to use much of it thanks to all the electronics on the bike.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thewiz

thewiz Active Member

I would rather freeze on a naked bike, than having shooting pain in my back, wrist, neck and hips. If its cold, just pick up some good quality winter riding clothes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

No way, Mr Wiz!

I would rather have arthritis, rheumatism, carpal tunnel syndrome, and cricked neck rather than sit upright on a turbine as if sitting in a cinema dressed in Sir Ernest Shackelton's Antarctic exhibition wardrobe!! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

Sorry I don't get it?? Always commuted on my Blades and I've had quite a few different flavours. Maybe it's because I'm a short arse but no wrist, back, knee or any other pain unless I've managed to throw the bike down the road.

The thing isn't a Duke. I've commuted on a Mille, if you think the Blade's uncomfortable you should try a super sport v twin.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gaffa22

Gaffa22 Well-Known Member

I agree df, I've had 4 blades over the last 12 years and commuted on all of them.
    Even rode to Colone in Germany in 71/2 hrs only stopping for the train and fuel. Rode there on Friday and back on Sunday
    Bum was a little sore but back and wrists were fine.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

you are lucky and physically compatible with the bike then.

For me it is the clutch wrist which gets painful at low speed and the weight that goes on it combined with frequent gear changes.
    I find the curved upper body posture much more comfy for my back that the upright sitting on my adventure bike specially when going on bumpy roads (which is everywhere in my county!)