19th July Bedford

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by dern, Apr 23, 2021.

1. dern

dern Well-Known Member

And again, in novices before they all sell out this year

• Like Like x 1
  2. Frazzle

Frazzle Active Member

Oooh sounds good, I'm gonna take a look at that, might try and join in.. Not been before so will jump in novice too if I go... What's the discount code??

• Like Like x 1
  3. Muffking

Muffking God Like

TDRBIKE20 if it's MSV ;)
    I'll be at Donington

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. dern

dern Well-Known Member

TDRBIKE21 now

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Oh shit yeah. You would have thought I'd have known that by now :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Keeef

Keeef Active Member

Outside registration and grub truck with my bike.
    You can't miss it. Black all over with side graphics.
    Novice group. Looking out for you

• Like Like x 1
  7. dern

dern Well-Known Member

Will wander up there in a bit. Need to debrief with my instructor as he had to go straight out again.

Seemed to be two bikes down in the corner before the short straight that session.

8. Muffking

Muffking God Like

9. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

what is noise level?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Muffking

Muffking God Like

98Db drive by

11. dern

dern Well-Known Member

Holy crap that was a hot one. Good to meet you Keeef, quite how you rode home in that heat after doing all the sessions is beyond me. I struggled with being in the van.

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

The healtech quickshifter was absolutely superb. Didn't adjust it at all and left it in the auto mode. Changes when short shifting at half revs and right on the limit through the gears was perfect.

Haven't used the tyre warmers before and they were a revelation. Could go fast straight out of the pits. Bought Holroyd Race-Tech Superbike tyre warmers and would happily recommend them... https://www.holroydtyrewarmersnew.co.uk/.

The BDS levers are superb. So good I completely forgot I had them once I'd adjusted them.

Love my new gearing... 2 up at the back and one down on the front. Felt superb.

The Oxford paddock stands and matching bobbins are really good too. Very easy to use and felt very secure.

The rest of the bike was the same as before. Started leaning on the slipper clutch a lot more and really happy with it. It only stepped out a couple of times but it did feel like I was taking the piss a bit.

I did some tuition to see if they felt I was ok for inters. The upshot is that I've got the speed but he felt that my lines were not as consistent as they could be and he recommended sorting that out before progressing. Completely made sense and practiced it all a lot and the lines he was suggesting were so much better.

Great day, despite being very hot. However, the attrition rate was high, lots of crashes and broken bikes. We have to stop for lunch early as we ran out of ambulances. Just once of those days I guess.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Good write up.
    Now you've got tyre warmers you will never look back. They inspire confidence from the go.
    When you say the back stepped out, did you mean under braking when relying on the slipper clutch, or under accelleration?

13. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Too quiet for me then :( got black flagged last time at 98db even with baffle in :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  14. dern

dern Well-Known Member

Under braking, relying on the slipper clutch. Not by much, it just surprised me. I was braking too hard I guess having left it too late. One of the other things I need to work on.

15. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Yeah the slipper clutch can do that, especially when the back goes light under hard braking. There have been a couple of times where it's nearly sent me straight on, but it pulls itself back in to line quick enough when you start to get off the brake just before tipping in though.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Keeef

Keeef Active Member

Yeah, was very hot. Good to meet you too.
    Trip back was no problem, I am full on ache all over today though, but was very glad to climb out of my leathers and get under the shower!
    I had a great first bike track day. Tuition session was very informative and useful for the rest of the day as I had quite a few things to work on; cornering on bike lines (rather than car lines!), making better use of the upper rev range, moving my backside about more and generally better positioning on the bike... made the day a proper learning experience which is still very much in my head:)
    Met and chatted to plenty of new people. A very social day out.
    I'll definitely be doing more bike track days. Yesterday got me hooked! :cool:

• Like Like x 4