1JAC bike lifter - Manchester bike show

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Kevin1, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

UK designed and made. Could be tempted. I think it was £364, but I'd negotiate. 1jac Motorbike lift, lift for Motorbikes if you are interested. I know there are a few products on the market similar but this one really is designed and made in the UK.

[​IMG]

2. Skippy79

Skippy79 Active Member

I think that the most people who were interested in something like this have bought one in the group buy Demon Tweeks, only a little bit cheaper ;)

3. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

I would be very careful with this one as the logo looks strangely like the envy one and so does the website.
    IF ANYTHING TO DO WITH ENVY AVOID!

4. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

As I have time on my hands I checked the directorships out, 1Jac has the same directors as Envy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

That's a lot of money for something that looks like the warrior lift that everyone got from demontweeks for a third of the price

6. sinewave

sinewave God Like

7. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

I knew it! Yes people please avoid this company

8. Jonnymac

Jonnymac Active Member

Out of interest, what have they done that was so bad Martin?

9. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Took orders at NEC 3 years ago and upto a year after and never delivered, claimed built and designed in uk but was just their name on other stands (constands, spider, warrior etc all the same) but 3x the price, crap customer service. List goes on

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jonnymac

Jonnymac Active Member

Okey dokes. I'll make a mental note not to deal with them.
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  11. PeterT

PeterT Active Member

Keep clear, I had a nightmare with problems from their previous company ENVY, They dissolved the company........................I wonder why???

12. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Keep an eye on constands they will release the same stand in a few weeks for at least half the price including shipping from Germany.
    I ordered my one last year at 3:55pm and received it the next day from Germany! People in the uk can't get things in time so was really impressed and customer service was spot on

13. sinewave

sinewave God Like

I'm sure there is a Guy on this Forum who was at a Oulton Park TD last year on an old R1 who claimed to be one of the Directors mates and could get a discount on these stands?

He was parked up next to Jase!

Jase?

R1 Monkey?

14. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Me too. Give a dog a bad name...should I delete the post?

15. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

16. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

No need to delete mate, nothing wrong with honest reviews

17. ufoxed

ufoxed Active Member

Thanks for the comment guys that's what I like about this site.... honesty!!! GONNA DO A BIT MORE RESEARCH ME THINKS.

18. FGH

FGH New Member

Maybe I can also shed some light on this as I too knew of Envy. I bought a 1 Jac a couple of months ago and went to collect it from their workshop in Leeds and I have to say I am delighted with it, its a quality piece of kit.

When I went I got chatting to the two lads in the workshop and yes Nigel Vause (NV - ENVY) is one of the directors and says he is the original inventor of this lift, the other engineer is Steve Webster who one or two may remember as world side car champion.

Nigel was very open and also embarrassed at what happened at Envy, he was basically locked out of the business and had nothing to do with the finance side of things. The other directors tried selling to the Chinese. He claims that the Bursig, Constand and Warrior are cheap copies of his and to be very careful as the quality of material and engineering is very poor.

I have to say that these guys seem very genuine, the lift is excellent and the service was spot on, maybe learned from previous mistakes, who knows?

19. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry but you have joined the site just too come straight to this thread to comment and are nothing to do with the company???
    Bull shite is all I can say oh and I have the constands and its well made and works fine OH AND IT ACTUALLY TURNED UP!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  20. FGH

FGH New Member

Crikey I think that's a bit harsh, I joined and commented as I was browsing the forum and saw the posts about the lifts and having bought one recently I thought I would share my experience, as you posted earlier 'nothing wrong with honest reviews' didn't intend to upset anyone!

• Like Like x 1